Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
mxz-800 said:
WHAT DO YOU GUYS USE TO PAINT YOUR SIDE PANELS AND HOOD.
[snapback]706519[/snapback]​
get a good automotive paint & primer from a supply store. use a flex agent in them to reduce cracking.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
adhesion promoter too

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Teamgreenf7 said:
yep sand with scotch brite and cleaner.....then spray on adhesion promoter, let dry then base coat, clear coat, and you all set. I just did mine
[snapback]706967[/snapback]​
that looks bad "edit for bad language"! I love the look of white and black!

·
Registered
438 Posts
TEAMGREENF7 is that snow camo ? you won't even see that sled outside in the snow. lol
mxz800 it is probably going to be cheaper to have a body shop doo it for you if you don't have any of the supplies ( plastic prep cleaner,adhesion promoter,sealer, basecoat, flex agent and clearcoat) needed to doo a quality job and then if you want the side panels smooth and not textured then you will also need to prime and block sand them smooth before they are painted. if you have a shop doo them, you can save yourself some money by taking the panels off and stripping the decals and hardware off and then washing the panels with hot soapy water until they are spotless inside and out.
kevin

·
Registered
103 Posts
mxz-800 said:
WHAT DO YOU GUYS USE TO PAINT YOUR SIDE PANELS AND HOOD.
[snapback]706519[/snapback]​
OK,
I don't know where you are from but you need to get a good adheasion pormoter like Ergo bond. You need to clean the panels with the pre prep. If you think you did a good job,doo it again. After that you need to primer that enough so that you can sand out all the texture. sand it flat and paint. You are now a fine owner of a nice looking sled. I did REVMANS sled check it out. it looks sweet,also for sale,great buy. Don't know what he is thinking? But hope I helped out. Any \more questions pm. me

·
Registered
411 Posts
Even whithout sanding the texture out of the panels you can not tell on mine whithout getting your eyes real close, to look for it.

Attachments

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
Teamgreenf7 said:
yep sand with scotch brite and cleaner.....then spray on adhesion promoter, let dry then base coat, clear coat, and you all set. I just did mine
[snapback]706967[/snapback]​
god i love that sled

Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts