Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at buying a white hood and console but now I'm thinking of just painting it. How much would it cost(to have it taken to a professional shop and done). Thanks guys.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My brother painted his silver, we both work in a body shop though. I'll see what we would charge here to do it. Are you looking to ship it out to have it done or do you have a local shop to do it? If you have it done locally be sure they put a flex additive it the paint, even though the parts are rigid, plastic will expand and contract with temperature changes.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would charge about $150-200 to doo it at my shop depending on exactly what you want done. the blue hoods were painted and cleared but the other hoods are molded in color and need to be treated as bare plastic so there is more prep involved.

kevin

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
200 max. I paid 200 cdn for my hood, console, hand guards and REV*BARON rack to be painted blue. Same formula as bumper paint and it's good to go. Nice thick clear coat so you can buff out the scuffs when the season is done. My blue is holding up great.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
I would do it myself SEM makes a clear coat spray in a can and comes out looking awesome, the paint that they make is also a flexible paint so you will have no problems with it cracking.

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,575 Posts
Put up with your current stuff for a few more rides and get white from factory.
Looks like 07 has white. Check other thread on 07 sleds!

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eurofan said:
My brother painted his silver, we both work in a body shop though. I'll see what we would charge here to do it. Are you looking to ship it out to have it done or do you have a local shop to do it? If you have it done locally be sure they put a flex additive it the paint, even though the parts are rigid, plastic will expand and contract with temperature changes.
[snapback]732530[/snapback]​
Not really looking to ship them out but if I have to I will. I had the idea of painting them white when I had the sled apart but now that I see some of the 07's with white I think I'm def. going to get it done.

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chiefogemaw said:
Put up with your current stuff for a few more rides and get white from factory.
Looks like 07 has white. Check other thread on 07 sleds!
[snapback]733930[/snapback]​
IF it's cheaper the paint them I will just get that done, which I think it will be. We'll see.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,312 Posts
For $200 I had my hood, console, both side panels, belly pan, front bumper, hood screens, side screen, knee deflectors, and hand guards painted 2 separate colors as you see. The paint is chipping in a few places where there is an edge or the panels rub on each other, but the side panels and hand guards take an amazing amount of abuse and are still good. I just wiped some excess bark off the hand guards last night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.