Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i have a 470 summit put a 1.75 inch track on couple of years back just noticed outer lugs on both sides cracking and ripping at base of lug just wondering what i could do to prevent any further damage,or what is causing it. i just use it to go ice fishing and braking trail, i dont do any other trail riding at all.any help would be appreiceated.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
im not 100% on this but i hear its from riding on low snow conditions, and the paddles hitting hard bases like the frozen ground, rocks, ice, etc

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
How old is the track? Is it stored out of the sun year round? Spinning the track on rough trails/rocks/just generally crappy conditions will do it, and if the track is old and/or has been exposed to sun in storage that will contribute, also.

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
Danimal said:
I know if you don't store your sled off the ground the track will dry rot and crack like that.
[snapback]305976[/snapback]​
So far I've had really good luck with my paddle track, I think mostly because of what you said. Everytime I stop, (well not EVERY time, I don't mean at bars or restaurants or gas stations, when I'm at home) the first thing I do is put the rear up on my stand. After a good hard whoopin ride, and I put the sled away for the night, I can see the lugs are actually bent back. In the morning after being on the stand, they are straight again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts