Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the PackTalk Bold with JBL speakers in my BV2S but the speaker placement is not ideal. Looking for tips from anyone else who has installed these in this helmet.
The only spot where there is a recess in the helmet where they would really fit is too far back from my ears, rearward of the removable cheek pad. Can barely hear music on full volume at idle and not really at all once moving. I'm sure the intercom would be inaudible also.
As my ears sit at the rear of the removable cheek pad I'm thinking that cutting a recess into the styrofoam cheek pad to recess the speakers there may be the only way to get proper sound. Anyone else have issues getting speakers into the BV2S?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yep, you've got to get to cutting if you want to make it comfortable and usable. I've had to do the same with two different brands of communicators for that helmet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I was leery to do so but I went ahead and cut recesses into the styrofoam cheek pad, speakers are flush in them, comfort wise you can't tell they are in there. They sound great even with the volume at lower levels. Huge improvement from my first install attempt. Haven't tried them on the sled yet but they should be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts