Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising with my 2 year old around the house for 15 minutes and my mach z 800 2000 overheated is that normal and does it take regular antifreeze.or does it hve to be bombardier made. thanks.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
The tripples always have run a little on the hot side. If you were not running it fast enough to throw snow(if you have snow, pretty scarce this season)on the heat exchangers then it will run hot. Yes, you can use automotive coolant, mixed as normal 50/50. I put a little "water wetter" or similar product in for good measure. If you take it out for a "normal ride" and it also over heats, then you may have a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MACH D said:
The tripples always have run a little on the hot side. If you were not running it fast enough to throw snow(if you have snow, pretty scarce this season)on the heat exchangers then it will run hot. Yes, you can use automotive coolant, mixed as normal 50/50. I put a little "water wetter" or similar product in for good measure. If you take it out for a "normal ride" and it also over heats, then you may have a problem.
[snapback]310744[/snapback]​
ok thanks for the help i was just reading up on some other guys problems and yeah its not a cruising sled its a muscle lake sled well im learing alot more as i go on so thanks for the help and if i have any other probs ill know who to call. Have fun.

·
Tha Hammer
1,688 Posts
I just want to know where all your coolant went to though???

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
machz830 said:

[snapback]310836[/snapback]​
Very good point machz830. If your loosing coolant you must have a problem. I didn't read between the lines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
machz830 said:

[snapback]310836[/snapback]​
it just got too hot and came up through the over flow on top of the coolant bottle i refilled it later on parked it on a hill and ran it for awile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts