Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new gade home & removed the chaincase check bolt. About 200 cc's came out. Is there any school of thought out there for over filling during break in? Or, was this just an oversight by the dealer?
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
272 Posts
Had to be a mistake, The check hole is where its supposed to be.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
They probably just dumped two bottles of the oil in there. Only needs 1 and a half.

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
Got my new gade home & removed the chaincase check bolt. About 200 cc's came out. Is there any school of thought out there for over filling during break in? Or, was this just an oversight by the dealer?
Thanks,
Tom
Which gade, which year, and which chaincase check bolt did you remove?

Some sleds have 2 chaincase check bolts...4 strokes for sure not certain about others. If you pulled the lower out of the case instead of the upper out of the cover for example, you checked it incorrectly and you are now underfilled.

Assume nothing and read your manual. These new sleds have some differences and the old ways are sometimes obsolete now....there are some obsolete check bolts on some models that should not be utilized anymore but are relics of years past.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep it's a 1200 & you guys are right. Thanks. Thank goodness for doo talk. I've been saved from my ignorance yet again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts