Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased two new Ski Doo's this year and I think I may have an issue with one of them, the Backcountry XRS 850.

I'm noticing an engagement clunk when accelerating from stop and seeing 8300RPM and bogging at WOT. I think I'm hitting the rev limiter and everything I've seen seems to indicate that the maximum RPM should be 7900 - 8000 RPM. I've checked the clickers and i think their already set at 1 from the factory and I don't think I can bring down the RPM's by adjusting them because if I understand the manual correctly increasing the setting also increases the RPM.

These are my first Ski Doo's and I've owned Polaris' previously and I'm not sure if I should be taking the sled into the dealer for service. I've also thought about installing the 22T gear to bring down the RPM and improve mid range acceleration without sacrificing deep snow performance.

Thanks for you help!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Do you see 8300 as soon as you hit WOT or you see it when you're close to top speed? If you RPM is between 7900-8000 when accelerating and then go north you are running out of gears. Mine was the same, I've put a 23t and some weights on the ramps and now it is perfect, RPM is perfect and pulls hard up to 108mph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts