Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe a dumb question, pulled my 09 Skandic SUV out of retirement, when gently greasing the drive axle, the grease was slowly coming out of the vent/overfill on the flange (called speedo flange on part list) then suddenly some grease squirted out of the flange where it seats on chassis (i think). Could this over greasing pushed the part #8 o-ring or other seal and left my bearing exposed to the elements...am i in trouble?

i know only a couple light pumps are needed... but the vented grease looked suspect so i very gently kept the pressure on trying to evacuate the old grease. donkey me :rolleyes:

any comments appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
nothing to worry about or damage if some got forced out of by the flange

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does my 2015 Skandic have a grease fitting on drive axle too? I'm away at work so can't look and I don't recall seeing it mentioned in manual. Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm not the expert you're looking for, but i believe it does not. the 09 is the yeti chassis....the 15 is the xu methinks. no grease nipple. hopefully someone wiser than i will chime in. i will try to post a screen shot of the parts schematic for you.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
i'm not the expert you're looking for, but i believe it does not. the 09 is the yeti chassis....the 15 is the xu methinks. no grease nipple. hopefully someone wiser than i will chime in. i will try to post a screen shot of the parts schematic for you.
You are correct! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts