Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Vermont riders.....

Have a trip planned to St Johnsbury February 8 - 15 for our first trip to Vermont. Based on everything I am reading, it looks like the only way to purchase a VT Trail Pass is online. Is that correct?

I'd prefer to purchase the Trail Passes when we get there (in case the weather and conditions are not good) but I don't see that as an option on the VAST site.

I hate to order two 3-Day passes for two sleds and spend $320 and have to cancel because of weather. And if I do need to order them online, I probably need to do so soon so the passes arrive before we leave. I'm assuming it will be a physical sticker for an Out of State Sled versus just showing a paper permit that I can print out at home.

Seems like VT makes it more difficult for out of staters to spend their money in VT. Unlike places like Michigan, Maine and Wyoming where you can purchase a Trail Pass when you get there.

Any guidance would be appreciated as well as any other recommendation for riding in that part of VT!

Thanks in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
344 Posts
great area to ride, be sure to stop by Coles Pond snack shack. I will see if I can find a local contact, but [email protected] from VAST should be able to help with trail pass info. Regular trail pass are available locally, should be way to get 3day in real time as well

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Thanks! I will shoot Cindy an e-mail to see what she says about getting the 3-Day Passes.

Also, just dug a little deeper and it looks like they will e-mail a 3-Day pass that can be printed at home but the full season permit would be a mailed sticker. At least that means we can wait until the last minute to make sure the trip will be on before ordering the 3-Day Passes.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Happy winter Judge,

When we goto New Hampshire I buy the combo package and we do it onsite. I am not sure of the dates but I think there is a discount that weekend for the two. Check it out. Last year it was the week after Valentine's Day and the week they go the big blast. We headed there with little snow. The storm roared up Friday and we dumped over there. It was the week the polar vortex came in. Check on it but it was cheaper to buy the NH pass and Vast sticker combo than the 3 day pass. I am sure someone can tell you more about this from NH.

MOATER

1 - 6 of 6 Posts