Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any of you know who put out the first liquid cooled snowmobile, i thought it was rupp a buddy says it was cat

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
kerry1355 said:
does any of you know who put out the first liquid cooled snowmobile, i thought it was rupp a buddy says it was cat
[snapback]732286[/snapback]​
probbaly not the answer you wanted but:

It was Carl Eliason on the motor toboggan he patented it in 1924.

(oldtimer enough for you wise "edit for bad language"!
)

production sled??

When did the first consumer liquid-cooled sled appear?
Brutanza Engineering of Brooten Minnesota introduced the LC44 Brut in 1972. A 440cc, 50hp triple with CD ignition lay flat (ala FireCat) in an aluminum chassis, which utilized heat exchangers for cooling. The Brut (which also came in a 294cc liquid cooled twin) was eventually sold to Massey Fergusen and then again to Scorpion, however, like so many other sled manufactures, it never made it to the end of the decade.

·
Registered
367 Posts
how about oil injection who was the first? i remember when we had to mix the oil and gas. man time flys. my first sled was a boa ski 32 hp single with the carb at your crouch, you prayed for no backfires.lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
mc800 said:
how about oil injection who was the first? i remember when we had to mix the oil and gas. man time flys. my first sled was a boa ski 32 hp single with the carb at your crouch, you prayed for no backfires.lol
[snapback]732513[/snapback]​
Yamaha Autolube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts