·
Banned
59,630 Posts
2.39 in one spot and 2.54 about five miles away. Weird

Aliens.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Gas prices almost always go up on the holidays. Look back to several years when gas was getting close to $5 a gallon, every time a mouse farted in the middle East,or there was breeze blowing in one of the oceans gas prices jumped. It's what happens to the price of oil and gas futures that affect day to day pump prices.

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,262 Posts
2.39 in one spot and 2.54 about five miles away. Weird

Aliens.
That is totally normal around here.

The price did jump about 40 cents from last weekend.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
This post is ridiculous ! You guys are complaining about one of the cheapest parts of snowmobiling ! Why not cry about something that matters like Crazy New Sled Prices ? Or belt prices . Belt & Sled pricing has got to be hurting the sport !

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
[quote name="ROBGROTTO" post="19843890" timestamp="1504449164"]

This post is ridiculous ! You guys are complaining about one of the cheapest parts of snowmobiling ! Why not cry about something that matters like Crazy New Sled Prices ? Or belt prices . Belt & Sled pricing has got to be hurting the sport !

I think we are more or less advising of gas prices in general. Not snowmobiling specific. ????

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
When the BP refinery in Indiana goes down for maintenance or a break down, gas in the Chicago area jumps big time because of a perceived shortage. Wonder if the Houston area has a price spike because of a refinery going down up here? I wonder how much gas gets brought up here from that refinery. Money grab, no doubt. The whole eastern US has a price jump because of a refinery shut down in Texas? Not buying it, but I will continue to buy gas as needed. Whatcha gonna do?
I heard on the news late last week the Houston refineries supply 20% of the US gas supplies. I also heard on the news today 2 of the refineries down there were back online.

Your options are pay the price or travel by way of "shanks horses"
If you not aware of what shanks horses is,,, it's an old school slang term for WALKING !

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wish we could pay your prices!!!! we were 1.09/L this morning= 4.14/us gal... supposed to go up $0.13 tonight..... so might be $4.61 a us gal tomorrow...

lets talk taxes.......since we are on gas... study last month showed that the avg Canadian pays 42.5% on their salary in taxes.... its official that we pay more in taxes than basic living/housing in a run of a year... makes sense???

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Not that I like paying the higher prices, but it's better than living in an area hit by a hurricane.

·
going to an island soon
29,979 Posts
Local BP... $2.59 regular, $2.69 diesel. Not to bad yet

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
E-Tec Rules
33,567 Posts
2cd748601d3d151f7ba3754437aef1b5.jpg

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Heard on the local news here in SW Michigan, that Irma isn't going to affect our gas prices.

Must be Harvey did,or a mouse farted in the middle East, this morning's gas price was $2.749 per gallon. Up about $.20 per gallon in the last 10 days

·
Ford hater
19,914 Posts
Around western New York (the northern part like buffalo/Niagara Falls and surrounding area) 2.799 for both regular 87 and diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Filled up at 2.57 today

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well we have been at $3.05 for regular 87 since the Harvey last week. Hope it doesn't go up anymore. We haven't seen $2.42 for a year or so. We got as low as $2.49 this summer and it was $1.99- 12 miles away in Ohio. Winter blend starts in 30 days or so. That should Knock it down 10 cents. So Might as well assume $3.00 at Christmas again.

·
Ford hater
19,914 Posts
I'm hoping it starts to drop here, luckily my truck gets 20-21mpg on the steady for being a rather large heavy steel brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
What happened? We have been sitting at 2.89 all winter, went to 2.93 Monday morning and this morning its $3.09. 20 cents in 4 days. Did I miss something in the stock market yesterday? Summer blend maybe kicked, in but That some expensive summer blend.

21 - 40 of 312 Posts