Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they said this hurricane was going to effect gas prices but they also said over a long run. Well yesterday morning in Western PA, gas went up 5 cents. Last night it went up 15 cents more. Now we are at $2.85 a gallon. That's going to put a damper on my 8000 miles using my trailer this winter again if it doesn't snow like last winter. 20 cents in one day and they said over a period, my guess is by the end of the week of next week that it will be $3.00. My only problem is the refinery is right down the road but with PA being the highest in the country as in gas tax we pay the most for gas that only goes 15 miles down the road. What's your price of gas?

Wmoater

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,246 Posts
I paid $2.479 in Greenville Maine yesterday afternoon... It was going up a nickel after I was pumping the gas...

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
2.49 today

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,090 Posts
I'm expecting it jumped here too. It was around $1.09/litre here the other day. I filled up at the reservation in Golden Lake on the way home from the cottage last Monday for $0.97/litre and I have plenty to make it back up there tonight. I'll fill up again on the way home and it'll be a good 10 cents below everywhere else, maybe even more. ;)

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
Get out of Pennsylvania and see how much prices drop. I have no idea what's going on in PA these days but you guys have gone nuts. On our north/south motorhome trips we used to fill up in PA, not anymore. On our trip back last weekend diesel in PA was 50 cents a gallon more there then it was at home.

When we did our Richmond (Va) trip this past April the cheapest fuel we saw was 2 miles from our house. NY has NEVER been cheaper than PA or Virginia, ever.

I'm not complaining.

Reactions: wmoater

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya I agree Z-man

I travel out of Pa quite a bit. This summer we never got below $2.45

I went to Delaware, NC, Vermont and even DC and gas was under $2.00. I am 23 miles from the Ohio line and gas was $2.19 last week while just over the line 3 miles from that gas station was $2.59. PA is nuts on gas tax but I can't move so O well. I was just shocked when I saw it jump some 20 cents in one day. Just curious if it was everywhere else or just here. Texas plus Labor Day travel combined together. At least it will drop about 15 cents when the winter mix comes in late October/November. But you are right. Last Winter I traveled 8000 miles total all winter finding snow. I was shocked when I hit the ADK's in remote areas where there was no gas station but just a tank and pump with credit card with ethanal free gas 93 was cheaper than straight 87 in PA in a town. The turnpike in NY was even cheaper than PA regular. We really have the gas tax mess up here. O well what can we do do. I fill up right before the line each week just to save some $20 a tank.

Moater

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
2008ish we were paying about $4 consistently across the country. People tend to forget quickly. So Despite this short term "spike", gas is still dirt cheap by historical standards against inflation.

I have clear memories trailering sleds those winters hitting the $75 and $100 credit card caps at many fill ups before the truck tank was even full, and having to re-swipe at the pump. 1200 mile round trip tow, 3 to4 times per year, 10 mpg, PLUS gassing up sleds that get 12 mpg? ROUGH years on the wallet for high mileage riders. But we did it.

Count blessings guys. It could be, and some day again WILL be, much more expensive than it is now.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts
In Toronto it went up 15 cents last night

Right low were 1.33 per litre

Start of the week you could find it for 1.03

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
When the BP refinery in Indiana goes down for maintenance or a break down, gas in the Chicago area jumps big time because of a perceived shortage. Wonder if the Houston area has a price spike because of a refinery going down up here? I wonder how much gas gets brought up here from that refinery. Money grab, no doubt. The whole eastern US has a price jump because of a refinery shut down in Texas? Not buying it, but I will continue to buy gas as needed. Whatcha gonna do?

Reactions: 74Craig
1 - 20 of 312 Posts