Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to order my 154 summit x 2.5 and there is a option of low or high elevation.

does anyone know the specfics between low and high elevation model summit 154 2.5?

all i was able to find out so far was low has electric start.

main concern is if the low comes with the clickers, is there a fuel map difference and what the gearing and clutching changes are?

·
Registered
957 Posts
In the past the only difference was the clutch set up.high elevation requires most times different Rams and less clutch weight. Sleds and everything else loose 3% HP for every 1000 feet u climb so the motor does not need as much clutch weight to maintain 7900 RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Not sure anyone knows yet with the pdrive. But older xms and xps was obviously lighter weights, sometimes spring changes. If you order just tell your dealer you want both.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Best to wait a few more weeks until dealerships get more information. On the XP and XMs ramps and weights are different but Also the gearing on summits and freerides. I always order high because you get 441 ramps and put a 21 or 23T on top gear. Great set up for me on and off trail at low elevation.

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
Im at 550~1700 feet

I ordered the 154 x 3" w/high elevation & elect start

Right now the dealer could tell me nothing about the difference in the two calibrations. Regardless, I will buy the low elevation kit after the sled arrives.

I suspect im going to be making my own cam arms anyway to try and make an all-elevation kit. I would like to make one to just add or subtract composite parts (weight) from "one" profile of cam arm for different elevations.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im at 550~1700 feet

I ordered the 154 x 3" w/high elevation & elect start

Right now the dealer could tell me nothing about the difference in the two calibrations. Regardless, I will buy the low elevation kit after the sled arrives.

I suspect im going to be making my own cam arms anyway to try and make an all-elevation kit. I would like to make one to just add or subtract composite parts (weight) from "one" profile of cam arm for different elevations.
Curious why you would get a high elevation sled when you are just above sea level? Why not order with low elevation from the get go?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
i was wondering which way to go as well , i typically will not be above 1000ft .

A little off topic but when i build the summit on the website is shows electric start and pull start included . I have one price back so far and dealer says es is optional . is it just a mistake on the website ?

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
Curious why you would get a high elevation sled when you are just above sea level? Why not order with low elevation from the get go?
i want to test the high elevation kit at low elevation and see what kind of range of adaptability it has.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was told the THMB(high elv) and THMC(low level) models are the same price,, both with electric start and black 2.5 summit x

The low elevation sleds all have electric start, high elevation is a option

The high elevation clutching with low elevation pin weight works a lot better off trail then the low elevation, seems like low elevation is set for trial riding and is hard on belts when off trail

1 - 14 of 14 Posts