Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in the article, Optimizing your 600 H.O. Im going to start toying with some of the mods he suggested. First is dropping the jets and needles for a start as I know mine does run a little fat. Second will be changing the primary spring and messing with the clickers and windage plate. Im just wondering who has tried all of the suggestions in that article and what you thought or what others changes you made to bring it to life. Please dont shoot this down by saying go out and get a clutch kit, I want to know what you guys have done on your own, thanks....

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Dropped needles and jets as recommended. Went with a Cudney primary kit and have a Hyperlite secondary. Runs awesome and get better MPG then my buddys 03 MXZ 600 Trail (same engine as 500ss).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dropped jet one size, nothing with the needle. Geared down. I know you said you didn't want anyone to tell you go out and get a clutch kit, but that is the best way to get the maximum power from your motor to your track. I have a Dynamo Joe clutch kit on my sled and will tell you that you will not go wrong with this kit. Joe is incredible to work with, and you will not find many people that have the R&D he has, his clutch kit is proven over and over and over, just do some searches here in Dootalk. Bottom line, this is the only way to optimize your 600HO. I can't speak for Cudney or Big John, so just do your research and good luck. MXZX-REVZONE.COM is the only way to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys, I want to test some things out on my own first, and if no luck maybe a clutch kit for next year.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,800 Posts
04renegade600ho said:
Dropped needles and jets as recommended. Went with a Cudney primary kit and have a Hyperlite secondary. Runs awesome and get better MPG then my buddys 03 MXZ 600 Trail (same engine as 500ss).
[snapback]707926[/snapback]​
the 600ho and the 500ss are not the same engnie. trhe 500ss about 103 hp and the 600ho is about 110-118hp

wilson

G

·
04renegade600ho said:
Dropped needles and jets as recommended. Went with a Cudney primary kit and have a Hyperlite secondary.
Similar to me. I've always played around with my carbs. I'm running 360 mains right now, needles are done, adjustable pins with a different primary spring and a Hyper Lite. The Hyper Lite made the most difference. The fun factor went way up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
WIfarmer said:
I put in the stiffer primary spring. Only an $18 upgrade. It makes the sled much more fun, but it engages kinda hard.
[snapback]708652[/snapback]​
what one?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Last season I dropped the needles and left the stock jets....make sure to check your plugs....for whatever reason, I couldn't have done both w/o running too lean IMO....my plugs look perfect with just the needle drop. Gas milage seems better. Hope to do the primary when I get some time.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did the carbs as stated, 10-11 mpg much better than the 6-7 i was getting. Heelclicker clutch kit.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
wileo said:
04renegade600ho said:
[snapback]707926[/snapback]​
the 600ho and the 500ss are not the same engnie. trhe 500ss about 103 hp and the 600ho is about 110-118hp

wilson

[snapback]708693[/snapback]​
The 03 MXZ Trail is NOT a REV!!! It has the Series II 600 engine, NOT the 600HO.

The 03 MXZ Trail (Pre-REV) has the same engine as the 500ss. I never said the 600HO and 500ss have the same engine....

·
Registered
485 Posts
The 03 MXZ Trail (Pre-REV) has the same engine as the 500ss
exactly! and they are series III, not series II

1 - 13 of 13 Posts