Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2015 BCX with 6350 miles I'm thinking about trading in on a Summit. I'm done racking up miles and have spent the last two seasons riding more off trail. The goal is to ride almost exclusively off trail except for the local 50-100 mile evening ride with the locals if the conditions allow.

I'd be riding off trail in NWI, UP and Ontario. We ride two tracks, old logging roads, play in the fields, ride power lines with decent hills, etc. I'm considering the Summit Sport 600 or Summit SP 146 600. I know the outright differences between the two but am looking for feedback from people who have ridden both or have more off trail experience than I do. Personally I think a 600 is adequate for the low altitude conditions where we ride.

The other factor is I'm going to be limited with time to ride due to some other commitments. I might get away for a couple two day trips in January/early February and then I'll be free to ride Ontario for a couple weeks late February/March.

The Sport is a good value but is the $2000-$2500 difference for the SP worth it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You are right, the 600 is enough for your elevation. I have a XM 600 SP 146 and it is a great sled. If you do any trails it is pretty tippy- typical narrow front end long track. I have had several sleds with the 600 carb motor. It is a great powerplant, but you will be disappointed in comparison to the ETEC. Pay the extra $$$- you won't regret it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts