Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear what people think of the HPS can? I don't want to start something bad here either just want to hear the fun stuff.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I haven't run one , but have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Love it! Do a search on HPS. I've written a couple of reviews. I can see how some people would get tired of the noise on groomed or packed trails. Sounds rowdy, but not obnoxious (of course, I ride powder). When the exhaust port is under the snow line it sounds mellow, punch it, the nose comes up, and it's game ON!
My engine definitely revs quicker (I tested back to back when I put it on). Your sled will loose about 11lbs.
hickster

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hickster said:
Love it! Do a search on HPS. I've written a couple of reviews. I can see how some people would get tired of the noise on groomed or packed trails. Sounds rowdy, but not obnoxious (of course, I ride powder). When the exhaust port is under the snow line it sounds mellow, punch it, the nose comes up, and it's game ON!
My engine definitely revs quicker (I tested back to back when I put it on). Your sled will loose about 11lbs.
hickster
[snapback]709989[/snapback]​
I have searched it and some reviews are good and soome of them are just dissing it because of the noise and we will lose trails. I am just out there to have fun. I know when to get out of it when you are by house and when you are out in no where give her hell. I am getting it from Big John i can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Love the sound, deep & throaty. Had an HPS on my 04 & then listened to the hype on the "thing" can. Sold Hps & bought thing. Jetted down to Al's recommended & still had to take pin wgt out. Sold can, bought another HPS & put pin wgt back in.
. Don't like the sound of the Mbrp. Never have seen or heard PPP can but I used to run Dyno Port & they were more of a stock sound with a nice throaty sound coming on at wfo.

·
Sponsors
3,964 Posts
I love my HPS can, I had a snow stuff can (RUMBLE PAK) it lost HP and was 3lbs heavier than HPS can and was way to freaking loud. The HPS has a sweet sound, 3 HP gain over stock, 11 lbs lighter than stock. I bought it used from a guy who put CPI single pipe with twin glass packs on, so he had the HPS can laying around, I only paid $150 for it had about 200 miles on it. Sweet deal I thought. Buy one you will like it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woo Hoo it should be here tomorrow or wednesday. I can't wait to put it on. Any other mods that i should do please let me know.

·
Registered
368 Posts
UST421 said:
Woo Hoo it should be here tomorrow or wednesday. I can't wait to put it on. Any other mods that i should do please let me know.
[snapback]714089[/snapback]​
Go ahead and buy an exhaust spring tool. It makes life SO much easier. If you have the tool it's a breeze to change the can; what's more, it's easy to pull and replace the pipe. Pulling the pipe makes routine maintenance easy.
Throw a 47 tooth bottom gear on it (about $70) and get yerself an SX8 kit from Joey!!

hickster

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hickster said:
UST421 said:
Go ahead and buy an exhaust spring tool. It makes life SO much easier. If you have the tool it's a breeze to change the can; what's more, it's easy to pull and replace the pipe. Pulling the pipe makes routine maintenance easy.
Throw a 47 tooth bottom gear on it (about $70) and get yerself an SX8 kit from Joey!!

hickster
[snapback]714705[/snapback]​
That is one thing that i don't have yet is the spring tool i wonder if i could make one here tonight at TEAM. I think i can get the 47 tooth bottom gear from work also. Thanks for the info Hickster.

·
Registered
83 Posts
UST421 said:
I want to hear what people think of the HPS can? I don't want to start something bad here either just want to hear the fun stuff.

[snapback]709900[/snapback]​
I had the luck of riding last season with a couple of guys with sleds just like mine [04 Summit 800 HO] in the mountains, when we got to the summit and stopped I had to ask one of the guys what he had done to his summit? Definately he had quicker acceleration on the bottom end and nice rooster tail plus a sweet ripping sound - opposed to the other summit which was stock. He said all he had done was install a HPS can, which was the brand my dealer had advised to install when asked I him what system would be best for mountain riding. Went the next day to my local dealer for one.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
440TNT said:
UST421 said:

[snapback]709900[/snapback]​
I had the luck of riding last season with a couple of guys with sleds just like mine [04 Summit 800 HO] in the mountains, when we got to the summit and stopped I had to ask one of the guys what he had done to his summit? Definately he had quicker acceleration on the bottom end and nice rooster tail plus a sweet ripping sound - opposed to the other summit which was stock. He said all he had done was install a HPS can, which was the brand my dealer had advised to install when asked I him what system would be best for mountain riding. Went the next day to my local dealer for one.

[snapback]714804[/snapback]​
Well that is great to hear good thing about it, so i take it that you like it. i can't wait to rip with it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hickster said:
UST421 said:

hickster
[snapback]714705[/snapback]​
Well i made a spring puller here at work i hope that it will work. i guesss only time will tell.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I put the can on last night and rode it very little today because it was 20 below zero here. but it sounds very good. Can't wait to get it out and open it up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts