Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just sold my 2001 MXZ, so I'm finally able to upgrade (and can read the Rev forums)! My price range means I'm looking at between 2004-2006 and I like the MXZ. What's the preference on SDI or not? SDI is fuel injected? Any known years or models to stay away from? My '01 had zero motor problems with 7500 miles on it. This 2006 Renegade X 600 with 2400 miles is asking $5K. It' not studded. I'd love to grab it for $4200-$4400. I want to see it this weekend. What does everyone think??

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n625/rogers9615/

·
Registered
304 Posts
Any 04-07 would be a nice upgrade. in 2006 they upgraded the suspension and switched to fixed windshields. So I would try to get an 06 or 07 first. Yes the sdis are injected, (semi-direct injection). I have 3 and love them, two 07s and one 05. All are great sleds, no major issues, just normal maintenance. That 2006 you are looking at looks pretty good. I think 5k is a bit high. The 4200-4400 you are thinking seems reasonable. Do a compression test and leakdown test, plan on changing the carb boots if stock. Other than that should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Not sure where your located but 3500 to 4000 would be about where that sled should be at. It is 5 years old. Yes it does have low miles just make sure the milage reflects the wear on the sled. Its not hard to just unplug your speedo and keep your milage down. Not saying the sled is one of them just be smart when you buy. A lot of jerks out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure where your located but 3500 to 4000 would be about where that sled should be at. It is 5 years old. Yes it does have low miles just make sure the milage reflects the wear on the sled. Its not hard to just unplug your speedo and keep your milage down. Not saying the sled is one of them just be smart when you buy. A lot of jerks out there. Good luck.
Thanks for the responses guys. I have access to a compression tester, but had to look up what a leak down test is. How critical is that test? I don't have one of those tools.

I'm in MA and have been looking online for about 2 weeks. 3500-4000 would be low based on the ads I've seen, but it's great to hear opinions. No matter what I decided I won't go above 4300 for it. Grass drags this weekend in NH, so plan to see what deals can be had there too. I'll keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Problem is new sleds are super expensive and the REV chassis is still an excellent sled, keeping the prices way up. The 5 yr old argument isnt as valid as it was just a few years ago, simply because in the grand scheme of things when youre buying, an 07 isnt really that much better than an 04 so condition and miles still prevail. Id expect to see about $45-4800 on an 06/07 model yr. if you're buying them cheaper, youre doing ok.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Everybody is pricing things high right now. You look a blue book value on cars right now and they are way off. Take the number blue book gives you and drop like 2 grand off it. That's what cars are really sellin for. My buddy just picked up a 04 600 rev with 4200 miles for 2500. I picked up my 07 xrs sdi 600 with 4000 miles on it last spring for $4 grand! The deals are out there and money talks. Just have to find the motivated sellers. Call a lot of people give them a low reasonalble offer then meet in the middle.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
In comparison that sled would sell for around 5k up here. Feck my sled might for for over 6k

·
Registered
337 Posts
I purchased my 2007 Blizzard 600 SDI from a dealer two years ago for $4200. Sled was mint and all stock.
I would think you should be able to find a very clean 2007 sdi now for around $3500.

Hey all, I just sold my 2001 MXZ, so I'm finally able to upgrade (and can read the Rev forums)! My price range means I'm looking at between 2004-2006 and I like the MXZ. What's the preference on SDI or not? SDI is fuel injected? Any known years or models to stay away from? My '01 had zero motor problems with 7500 miles on it. This 2006 Renegade X 600 with 2400 miles is asking $5K. It' not studded. I'd love to grab it for $4200-$4400. I want to see it this weekend. What does everyone think??

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n625/rogers9615/

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I purchased my 2007 Blizzard 600 SDI from a dealer two years ago for $4200. Sled was mint and all stock.
I would think you should be able to find a very clean 2007 sdi now for around $3500.
That sounds like a very sweet deal. Blue book values on an '06 Ren X SDI range from $4100 - $5100 and it's tough to find nice ones w/low miles online. I looked at it tonight and it's in great shape. Did compression test and had about 140psi on each side. I'm trying to look at 2007 this week, but I might be back for the '06 by Wed if I don't hear tomorrow. Stay tuned...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts