Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother broke a piston skirt on his '03 REV (MXZ stretched to a 144") this weekend and is looking for options. According to his friend who tore the motor down, it looks like the only damage is obviously the piston and some scratches in the cylinder.

He doesn't necessarily want the "cheapest" fix, but doesn't want to spend a fortune either. What would you doo?

·
Ski-doo's poster boy
2,128 Posts
dooincolo said:
My brother broke a piston skirt on his '03 REV (MXZ stretched to a 144") this weekend and is looking for options. According to his friend who tore the motor down, it looks like the only damage is obviously the piston and some scratches in the cylinder.

He doesn't necessarily want the "cheapest" fix, but doesn't want to spend a fortune either. What would you doo?
[snapback]692791[/snapback]​
Where are the scratches in the cylinder.Did it flake the nikasil off?If not and the scratches are below the ports,I wouldnt be overly concerned.IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.