Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving lower Michigan on 3/1/06 for White River Ontatio, then Marathon, Rossport, Nipigon, Jellico, Lonlac, Hornepayne and back to White River . Has any one rode this loop yet this year, am interested in trail conditions. Any info would be helpful

·
Registered
9 Posts
Powerstroke Ex said:
Leaving lower Michigan on 3/1/06 for White River Ontatio, then Marathon, Rossport, Nipigon, Jellico, Lonlac, Hornepayne and back to White River . Has any one rode this loop yet this year, am interested in trail conditions. Any info would be helpful
[snapback]711252[/snapback]​
Being from Manitouwadge i'll give the information that i know and have sledded to. White River , Manitouwadge to Marathon is good riding but not fast riding(Hilly)and trails are in good shape. From Manitouwadge, Longlac & Hornepayne also good, faster riding flat land and more snow that direction.Just to let you know that Caramat no longer has gas so fill up in Longlac and Hillsport. We have over 3 feet of snow and trails are in good shape to date. I can keep you posted if you would like and try to get more information for the western part of the loop.

Carole

·
Registered
56 Posts
We just got back. We rode from Wawa to Marathon and 1/3 of the way to Terrace Bay on Saturday 2/11. The trail to Terrace Bay had just been groomed, however the snow was thin. The next day Sunday we rode from Marathon to Manitouwadge, through Hornpayne, Duberville and back to Wawa. The snow was good as were conditions, with the exception of Manitouwadge (both groomers were down) and the trails had not been groomed, but still ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts