Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that's it. The weather is turning warmer and I'm taking off on business this week and even though I've been under the weather, I had to head out for just a little while and enjoy the day. Where I turned the camera on is about 350 yards from the house.
Temps are just above freezing and not a cloud in the sky....Yeah, time to hammer on it!

Oh and BTW Clayton, that was about 110 mph on that last stretch .. And that was with lifting off the throttle a few times to get straight.

Anyway, Cheers boys and girls!!!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Maybe if you would put a 144 in it the front end might stay down. Ask the ladies, longer is always better!!
Let me just remind you of how well the improver stayed down with a 144...If my balls weren't on the tank it was game over. But then again the 1.2 sec 60's were well worth it!!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
That's one beautiful 03 my ultimate goal is to own one. Did they ever make a 03 LT?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like your only turning 8800 with the new pipes.
Pretty much however it will go to 8900 in colder temps. It was about +2C when I was out so it was running on the fat side.
I can't run any higher because the cut off is set at 8950 rpm but that's about the rpm I should be turning with these pipes and port timing according to Clayton. It sure pulls hard.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's one beautiful 03 my ultimate goal is to own one. Did they ever make a 03 LT?
Thank you much. No, they never made an LT on 03. Too bad though.

Beauty gaboon! You should be proud of your killer sled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks bud, I do enjoy it and even though I'll probably have something more recent next season for trail riding, I'll always have this one to help get the adrenalin going.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh I thought you were running improver pipes into the stock muffler. They are just trail pipes
No, you can't run a real set of improver/pro-stock pipes on the trail without burning it down.
These are built for high performance trail, I can hold it wide open for semi-long periods and cruise mid throttle as long as I want.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Looks like our winter might be coming to an end with warm weather coming but I put on 130 miles Friday in near perfect conditions with a lot of snow left. There were plowed roads that were still good for some top end runs!???? Anyways nice looking sled!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like our winter might be coming to an end with warm weather coming but I put on 130 miles Friday in near perfect conditions with a lot of snow left. There were plowed roads that were still good for some top end runs! Anyways nice looking sled!
Thanks, enjoy the snow as long as you have it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts