Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys, I'm asking as on right turns, I do the thumb like normal, but I get sore wrists, so I was wondering if there is a better technique, like wrapping around with your fingers, thus also allowing for better leaning to the right side (which is probably why I get sore wrists....)

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
thumb

Regarding right hand turns and the throttle, If you have the ski doo mufs on your bars {it gets cold up here} whach the right hand turns, I found out that as I leaned into the turn my fore arm pushed the muff out which applied throttle, no damage just a diaper change.

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
tmmdp said:
mad_pow_miller said:
Just sqeeze the throttle. Thumb all the way for me

[snapback]695489[/snapback]​
I use the thumb. Try adjusting your trottle lever to be a little lower or higher depending on riding style(standing or sitting) so it makes it a little easier.
[snapback]695558[/snapback]​
YUP!!! if im out tho and in a really tight corner i use my fingers, its jus a whole lot easier!

Andrew

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
wauseon gade said:
I use my thumb on trails, but if I'm offtrail making a hard right and leaning way over, I use my fingers.
[snapback]693698[/snapback]​
DITTO

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Doesnt matter what the situation is for me. its all Thumb... Hands arent big enough or fingers arent long enough... It wouldnt work for me.....

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ricky177 said:
try a lefty throttle.........they work great
[snapback]693876[/snapback]​
Nice idea, and I have seen mention of them. Do you actually have a throttle on both sides then? then pick the one you want? Any set-up issues?

I will also try moving the angle up or down. Thanks for the feedback....kind of interesting....

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
trailhawk said:
wauseon gade said:
I use my thumb on trails, but if I'm offtrail making a hard right and leaning way over, I use my fingers.
DITTO
[snapback]695595[/snapback]​
Same here

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
wauseon gade said:
me too.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Just keep my thumb to the bar! LOL!

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
It depends on the situation and snow condition.

If you need to make a turn in powder to the right and you can do it slowly and you have to really counterbalance to make the turn (left leg on running board and right leg kicked out beyond sled) then its easier to wrap your fingers and throttle that way as you pull on your mountain bar.

If I am sidehilling in a precarious situation on hard snow then I would never use my fingers .. only thumb for control or you could get bucked off your sled and then down it goes .. ghost riding. Bad feeling.

But just boondocking and carving, you really never need to use your fingers ... thumb all the way for control and balance.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Normal riding, thumb. Aggressive trail raiding, and powder carving, roll the hand and use fingers. Later, Sxrlar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.