Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the earlier (1995-96) MXZ 440's a reliable sled? it seems like you can find these things really cheap now days with 3000 or so miles. my john deere finally blew up and i was thinking of getting a nicer sled. i mostly ride a honda 400ex wheeler in the winter on the snowmobile trails, but im just looking for something to bomb around on the lake with when there is too much snow for the wheeler. i dont really know too much about newer sleds, was the suspension set up decent around that time period? i'm sure i'll come up with some more questions later.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Got the '96 MXZ 440 l/c and it's been a great one so far stay away from any older than this. '96 was the first yr. 4 the SC-10, so i would get at least a '96.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I ahve a 95 440 mxz and they are all but indestructable. One weakness is the suspension but all sleds have a weakness. Get the 440 and be happy. Keep the Honda off the trails and you'll make more friends!

Honda92 said:
are the earlier (1995-96) MXZ 440's a reliable sled? it seems like you can find these things really cheap now days with 3000 or so miles. my john deere finally blew up and i was thinking of getting a nicer sled. i mostly ride a honda 400ex wheeler in the winter on the snowmobile trails, but im just looking for something to bomb around on the lake with when there is too much snow for the wheeler. i dont really know too much about newer sleds, was the suspension set up decent around that time period? i'm sure i'll come up with some more questions later.
[snapback]279100[/snapback]​

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a 97 mxz 440 l/c and have had no major problems at all. I would deffinately suggest going for a 96 or up like MXZ4LIFE said (they came out with the newer style and better suspension setup from then on in).

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a 95 mxz 440 and its been really good to me it has the c7 for the rear supenction (sorry for the spelling lol) and it dose the job pretty well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a 97 mxz 440 l/c and have had no major problems at all. I would deffinately suggest going for a 96 or up like MXZ4LIFE said (they came out with the newer style and better suspension setup from then on in).
I also have a 97 mxz440 l/c and have had no major problems as well..it has been a very reliable sled

1 - 6 of 6 Posts