Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own three Mach Z's. (1) 2002 Tech Plus w/ RER and (2) 2001 Standards w/ electric start & mechanical reverse.

I am somewhat capable of doing minor maintenance, however, I don't possess the patience to totally go through these sleds from front to back. I would end up getting impatient and go at it with a claw hammer. I know these sleds run great, however, I also understand they need some TLC from a patient owner.

What I am looking for is a good mechanic with "old school" skills and is familiar with these older triples.

I am looking to go through the entire sled. Clutches, carbs, chaincase, etc. Basically set the sleds up like they came from the factory with a little "fine tuning".

I live in Hudson, WI and have no issue driving a little bit to get in touch with a great mechanic.

I have reached out to a few dealerships that I have dealt with in the past, and I'll be honest to say that I did not get a good vibe when they told me the oldest mechanic was 28 years old.

Maybe I am underestimating the quality of the dealership when it comes to these machines, however, I find it hard to believe that the typical 25 year old mechanic is up to speed on these awesome machines.

Any info would be great.

Thank you

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. Thank you very much.

I will reach out to him.

Not looking to go outside of stock, just looking to fine tune these sleds to just a bit above factory performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts