Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Yesterday on a lake i race an Apex gt with my old Mach1 98.Both sled with no mod at all, same track( camoplast haksaw) driver same weight aroud 200 pounds.

Stop start the Mach1 take 2 or 3 lenght on the go and keep it for 660 feets

Roll on at about 30 mph same thing but the Apex start catching after 3000 feet

last run roll on at 60 mph the Apex is holding even with the Mach1 for 4000 feet

always fun with a 8 years old sled to challenge, with a 700c.c, a 1000 c.c sled with 10 more h.p then mine!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
SWEET!

·
Registered
32 Posts
qwk700 said:
SWEET!

[snapback]685931[/snapback]​
Either your mach 1 wasn't stock as you claim it was or something was drastically wrong with the GT. Or maybe he felt sorry for you and unplug 3 of his cylinders. There is nothing that skidoo has ever made that would beat an Apex except for maybe the RT1000.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Machzspanker said:
qwk700 said:
SWEET!

There is nothing that skidoo has ever made that would beat an Apex except for maybe the RT1000.
[snapback]685937[/snapback]​
You cant be serious. LOL I can name two of them. 670HO, and the Mach Z CK3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Machzspanker said:
qwk700 said:
SWEET!

Either your mach 1 wasn't stock as you claim it was or something was drastically wrong with the GT. Or maybe he felt sorry for you and unplug 3 of his cylinders. There is nothing that skidoo has ever made that would beat an Apex except for maybe the RT1000.
Sorry Machzspanker but my Mach1 is stock but well maintened: clutch alignement , track almost ratcheting , 150 psi in all cylinder , crank redone lately, all bearing replace , etc...But no modification! Nothing except for the 2 spring in the clutch and geared change , and for me it's no a mod it's fine tuning.Modification is: V-force , crank-shop pipe , porting cylinder , head shave, base gasket thinner , gutted air box.

And i don't say that i beat him by 10 lenght but i was in front of him so for me i am a little bit faster...sorry

·
Registered
114 Posts
Machzspanker said:
qwk700 said:
SWEET!

your a dreamer

·
Registered
404 Posts
I second that mtrsprt
Yes,in some conditions the Apex is quick,but have yet to see fast(top end)
I have been riding with a GT with factory test box on handle bar(@6in/black/says Apex on it)and another with 1in. track,96 studs and Ulmer clutch kit.
Also add the 06 800 with 1in. track,it can top end the 1.25in. tracked Apex on some snow conditions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
kennedy1 said:
Machzspanker said:
qwk700 said:
SWEET!

your a dreamer
[snapback]686184[/snapback]​
I may be a dreamer but when they hit the snow my dreams come true!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Machzspanker said:
qwk700 said:
SWEET!

Idiot

·
Registered
32 Posts
mtrsprt said:
Machzspanker said:
qwk700 said:
SWEET!

There is nothing that skidoo has ever made that would beat an Apex except for maybe the RT1000.
[snapback]686066[/snapback]​
Actually I am serious. But at least you didn't call me Surely. My old SRX 700 beat every 670 HO and Mach z ck3 that it ever lined up with not to mention a 99 Mach 1 with dyno-port porting, pipes, can and goodwin clutch kit. MY Apex is faster than the SRX and last weekend up in Minacqua I blew the doors off a 98 Mach Z with all the same mods as that 99 Mach 1 that I mentioned. I even raced an 05 Mach Z without updates and a Goodwin clutch kit and beat him up to 100 mph then he slowly but without question out ran me. He claims that his 05 is much faster than his 06 even though the 06 is ported and some other mods done to it. Then after that, I raced another stock Apex that I beat out of the hole but he blew by me much faster than the Mach did. Earlier, in the day ran two other stock Apexes that were both a little bit faster than me also. The Apex is a fast sled, second only to the RT1000 if they ever get their problems ironed out.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
I dont know why everyone expects the Apex to be some top end lake screamer, they're only geared for 115mph, my 97 670 would run darn close to that on the lake. I woudnt be one but surprised to see a mach1 run with an Apex, the old acm sc 10 transfers weight good and the sleds hook up, however fast or not, the ck3 is a battleship to ride in comparison.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
Machzspanker

Just a question...I notice that your sled is a Yamaha. Don't they have thier own forum? It seems like ALMOST all of the other brand guys that are in here, are just here to try and get everyone fired up. If you beat them FINE, why do you have to rub it in everyones stuff here on dootalk? Like we really CARE what your Yamie does? Sorry, I am just tired of everyone being bashed in here, this forum has an infinate amount of information, and a ton of guys who are very nice and very helpful.

·
Registered
55 Posts
mxzeatr said:
Machzspanker

Just a question...I notice that your sled is a Yamaha. Don't they have thier own forum? It seems like ALMOST all of the other brand guys that are in here, are just here to try and get everyone fired up. If you beat them FINE, why do you have to rub it in everyones stuff here on dootalk? Like we really CARE what your Yamie does? Sorry, I am just tired of everyone being bashed in here, this forum has an infinate amount of information, and a ton of guys who are very nice and very helpful.
[snapback]686642[/snapback]​
I agree that owners of other brands shouldn't come on this site to bash, but to say a 98 stock Mach 1 can beat an Apex, is silly, ridiculous, foolish, and absurd.

an Apex will run with a 1000 Mach Z, so does that mean the 98 will beat the mighty Z?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Machzspanker said:
mtrsprt said:
Machzspanker said:
qwk700 said:
SWEET!

[snapback]686066[/snapback]​
Actually I am serious. But at least you didn't call me Surely. My old SRX 700 beat every 670 HO and Mach z ck3 that it ever lined up with not to mention a 99 Mach 1 with dyno-port porting, pipes, can and goodwin clutch kit. MY Apex is faster than the SRX and last weekend up in Minacqua I blew the doors off a 98 Mach Z with all the same mods as that 99 Mach 1 that I mentioned. I even raced an 05 Mach Z without updates and a Goodwin clutch kit and beat him up to 100 mph then he slowly but without question out ran me. He claims that his 05 is much faster than his 06 even though the 06 is ported and some other mods done to it. Then after that, I raced another stock Apex that I beat out of the hole but he blew by me much faster than the Mach did. Earlier, in the day ran two other stock Apexes that were both a little bit faster than me also. The Apex is a fast sled, second only to the RT1000 if they ever get their problems ironed out.
[snapback]686473[/snapback]​
Hay pubspanker.

You want some #'s

Box stock 05 mach-z 05 mapping with 1+ degree timing and 16.5 gram pins, 144 studs

125.1 mph in 3000'
118.8mph in 2000'
108.8 in 1000'

The best my buddies apex could run in 3000' was 115.

And today at the lake a 04 rx-1 with out nitrous ran 114mph, and with a 80hp shot of nitrous ran 121.6mph.

Go back to TY, there are no gulable fish bitting here today.

·
Registered
32 Posts
mxzeatr said:
Machzspanker

I don't recall bashing anyone. I didn't say ski doo was a bad sled or a piece of junk. I was just stating my experiences in regards to the subject. Actually ski doo makes a pretty good sled and would be my second choice. The Mach is having problems which is no secret. My brother has one so I know all to well what he some of his buddies are going through. That is one of the reasons why I get on this site to give him and his buddies a little crap. And the Apex is a good sled also but still has issues too. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
apexyooper said:
mxzeatr said:
Machzspanker

I agree that owners of other brands shouldn't come on this site to bash, but to say a 98 stock Mach 1 can beat an Apex, is silly, ridiculous, foolish, and absurd.

an Apex will run with a 1000 Mach Z, so does that mean the 98 will beat the mighty Z?
[snapback]686693[/snapback]​
I don't agree with them stating that the old iron would run with the apex, whata joke! I just don't like the brand to brand bashing...It doesn't make any sense...All sleds are different, just like the Machs, there are good ones and bad ones, and fast ones and slow ones...It happens, but because you beat one or two of another brand and then say well those suck or something...its just childish I think....Sorry if I offended anyone I really didn't mean too. Its just in EVERY forum the same stuff goes on...and its just silly.

Machzspanker said:
mxzeatr said:
Machzspanker

I don't recall bashing anyone. I didn't say ski doo was a bad sled or a piece of junk. I was just stating my experiences in regards to the subject. Actually ski doo makes a pretty good sled and would be my second choice. The Mach is having problems which is no secret. My brother has one so I know all to well what he some of his buddies are going through. That is one of the reasons why I get on this site to give him and his buddies a little crap. And the Apex is a good sled also but still has issues too. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.
[snapback]686735[/snapback]​
Sorry If I came off as a Jack "edit for bad language"...I know the apex is a good sled...and I know the Mach is a good sled, and after riding my buddies RS Vector Mountain, I would have a hard time making the call if I were to get a new sled, at the same price as a summit 600ho, I would almost pic the Yamie due to the probs with the summits. I have beat some sleds with my sled just because of the shear traction and gearing that I have....But it varies I can beat my friends sxr to 50 or so, but from 40+ he spanks me, not even funny...It just seems to me that we all just need to ride, and if we race fine, but don't get too high on your post cause I've seen guys beat some sleds and loose to others and then call them liars due to hidden mods and such which aren't there....all sleds vary, all brands vary....I do have to throw in my preference though...I do have to say that Ski-doo and Yamaha are 1 and 2 if not tied for 1....I want a rev chassis with the Genisis motor in it...I think that would be great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
01 mach Z --- 115 MPH in 1300' --- But that is all I got. Full shift, no gear left and 8700 rpm --- IN PERFECT CONDITIONS --- BARE ICE --- -6*C

Call it slow ...... or ...... call me a liar, but it is what it is!

·
Registered
6 Posts
apexyooper said:
quote]

[snapback]686693[/snapback]​
This weekend I ran drags & radar runs with my 1999 mach1 stock 700 both days i beat an apex & rx1 my sled is stock it was on the snow I beat them off the line but they were getting close at the end of 660' I was 97 mph in 660'. So think what you want but go to a real event and see the numbers.
Ther was a rx1 on juice that ran 150mph in 660' on the ice it was unbelievable lots of money invested its all in the tuning and having the$$$$$$$

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mxzeater hit it on the head. some are fast some are not, all brands all models. just because you havent seen it doesnt mean it didnt happen. The mach apex debate is a fun topic but then the mach loyal say it could never happen, then bash the apex or yamaha for being junk and heavy, when the mach is about the same weight. the mach should and in most races be faster.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts