Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried a search and can't find the info i'm looking for. How much oil are you guys using in the 800 p tek??

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have an 05 800 P-tech. I'm not a math whiz when it comes to the oil usage formula, but I use about a half a reservoir of oil to about 150 miles. I use 91 + octane and run doo synthetic oil. My sled's oil pump is within specs as well. Seems like a lot of oil usage to me, but I would rather use too much than not enough as to keep the engine well lubed. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MXZ 800 X said:
I have an 05 800 P-tech. I'm not a math whiz when it comes to the oil usage formula, but I use about a half a reservoir of oil to about 150 miles. I use 91 + octane and run doo synthetic oil. My sled's oil pump is within specs as well. Seems like a lot of oil usage to me, but I would rather use too much than not enough as to keep the engine well lubed. Hope this helps.

[snapback]749963[/snapback]​
Well that seems about what my freind is using also, can't beleave it though!!! He just got his back from the dealer and they said it was fine. My SDI sips oil compaired to the 800's, but they are 800's. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I dont know the exact amount used, but after drivng our two shop demos this year, one is a 2005 600 HO SDI GSX, the other is a 2006 GSX 800 PT, the 800 PT has used less oil AND less fuel than the SDI uses. Yes, believe it or not, less fuel than the 600.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My '05 P-Tek this last weekend used up 3 quarts in 140 miles, Fresh motor after a burn down in 3238 miles, they turned up my oil pump beyond break-in setting to give it more oil. Mech. at dealer said when he tore it down every thing was dry so he figured it was cause of not enough oil. I may have to buy the fuel caddy to haul extra oil in, my gas mileage is good but oil consumption sucks

·
Registered
632 Posts
I filled up the oil yesterday before we went on a 120 mile run. The oil tank only dropped down about 2.5 inches. I have about 700 miles on it and I just finished a 4 litre jug. I used only 30 litres of premium on the first 85 miles of the run, which works out to 13 miles/gal, not bad considering we did lots of WOT and powder carving!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FrozenGade said:
I filled up the oil yesterday before we went on a 120 mile run. The oil tank only dropped down about 2.5 inches. I have about 700 miles on it and I just finished a 4 litre jug. I used only 30 litres of premium on the first 85 miles of the run, which works out to 13 miles/gal, not bad considering we did lots of WOT and powder carving!
[snapback]750533[/snapback]​
That seems about right from what I've been hearing!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
On my 05 I use to go through 1 qt. to 300 miles last year. I turned up my pump this year a little, now I'm at 1 qt. to about 225 miles, getting about 14-16 mpg on fuel

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bett92080 said:
I went 500 miles this weekend in the north woods of wisconsin i use about 3/4 of a gallon of gas hope this helps ya

[snapback]751951[/snapback]​
I think you mean OIL!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts