Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99' Formula Z 670 that I bought at the end of last year and havent even ridden more than 100 ft. I have started it up a few times this summer for a minute or two and when I took the exhaust off the other day there was about a tablespoon of oil sitting in it. It also seems to smoke a little bluer than my 96 583 when just started. Why is this?

I was also wondering if anyone has heard of putting high temp silicone on the exhaust springs and on the pipe where they meet together. I was told it prevents pipe wear and cracking.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Your oil pump might be adjusted improperly, check it. Yes, apply red hi-temp silicone to the y-pipe where it joins to the exhaust. The silicone will help reduce the amount of oil blow-by that usually ends up making a mess inside the engine bay. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
If the idle circuit is set up fat and then you start the sled and let it idle it will essentially load up the bottom of the crank case with un-burt fuel / oil mixture. This can also find its way into the pipe while pulling on the rope to start it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 99' Formula Z 670 that I bought at the end of last year and havent even ridden more than 100 ft. I have started it up a few times this summer for a minute or two and when I took the exhaust off the other day there was about a tablespoon of oil sitting in it. It also seems to smoke a little bluer than my 96 583 when just started. Why is this?

I was also wondering if anyone has heard of putting high temp silicone on the exhaust springs and on the pipe where they meet together. I was told it prevents pipe wear and cracking.
Thanks
This has happened on every sled I have ever owned with injection. I retreat my exhaust every year and when I take it off I always have a container nearby to pour the residual oil into. Nothing new ... Little bit of residual unburnt fuel oil mixture/fogging fluid

1 - 4 of 4 Posts