·
Registered
72 Posts
x-treme said:
vettesled said:
where exactly is this measurement taken and does a smaller reading mean
ritcher?
[snapback]691602[/snapback]​
yes smaller measurement is richer! if you do a search on this it is explained in detail and even has pictures showing how to do it!
[snapback]691604[/snapback]​

·
Registered
4 Posts
The grey cable goes to the oil injector, there is an adjuster on the cable. Pull the cable housing out of the adjuster and measure the amount of cable showing. Should be about .71" , just under 3/4 of an inch. Mine was less than .45" I used more than double the oil everyone else used. I adjusted mine and use less than everyone now.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
every sled is a different length and adjustment. I had to cut the lock nut off and file about .125" off of the brass cable holder just to get mine between 45-50 to 1 ratio.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As stated in these forums, evidently BRP in their "corporate corner", has recommended 45:1.
I recently taked to the service mgr at my dealer and he was told this week by a BRP tech they prefer something between 40:1 and 33:1. I have my 800 PT at about 34:1. Oil is cheaper than pistons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.