Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed the oil pump from my 2004 Ski-Doo 600 SDI and plan to replace the lines. Can anyone tell me the size of the 2 smaller oil lines that run from the pump to either side of the lower case? Are they 3/16" OD, 3/32" ID? Also, can I use fuel line for this replacement?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Not sure, I'll assume you don't have a caliper to measure it. Take the line to a local auto parts store and have them measure it. Doo is odd with stuff like this. They will size nuts, bolts, ect. so you have no choice to go OEM. I have never found carb boot bolts anywhere. Doo cut the pitch on them so you have to get them from Doo. Sometimes it's best to drop a few extra bucks when you're working on critical systems.

Hold on! Bigwormskidoo05 should know. He does the mods on the oil pump. See if you can pm him.

Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call, I'll send him a message! Thanks so much.

Joe

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Ive never found anything at an autoparts store that would work, all have an OD thats too big. You can buy it cheap right from ski doo and they send a long enough piece to do 2 or 3 sleds.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Like earlier posts mention, it's a critical system, it's inexpensive and each package gives enough for several sleds. I have over the years gotten two or more packages from the dealer and felt fine about it, and the new clear line is nice.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Not sure, I'll assume you don't have a caliper to measure it. Take the line to a local auto parts store and have them measure it. Doo is odd with stuff like this. They will size nuts, bolts, ect. so you have no choice to go OEM. I have never found carb boot bolts anywhere. Doo cut the pitch on them so you have to get them from Doo. Sometimes it's best to drop a few extra bucks when you're working on critical systems.

Hold on! Bigwormskidoo05 should know. He does the mods on the oil pump. See if you can pm him.

Good luck.
Most carb manifold screws are just M5 x 16 self tapping screws. I typically replace them with screws from any hardware store.. as you don't need or want self tapping for the second use. I don't think there has ever been a bolt other then a clutch or Mag fly wheel bolt that I couldn't find at the local hardware store. The small oil lines are a different matter, it is easier to order them directly from doo like TT said.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll go ahead and order the line from Doo. It's not the money I was concerned with, just trying to save myself an hour drive to the dealership (during work hours as they close before I get off). I have a variety of fuel line in my garage and thought it might work. You're right though - this is not an item I want to fail on the trail.

Cheers!
Joe

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'll go ahead and order the line from Doo. It's not the money I was concerned with, just trying to save myself an hour drive to the dealership (during work hours as they close before I get off). I have a variety of fuel line in my garage and thought it might work. You're right though - this is not an item I want to fail on the trail.

Cheers!
Joe
Why drive an hour to a dealer? Point and click and you'll have it before the end of the week without leaving your couch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts