Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a question. I have a 1996 formula 3 ski doo. I just put 3 new oil injection lines on and one of them has no oil going through it. the other two are fine and all cylinders are getting oil. does that mean my oil pump is dying or what? I Thought there might be something blocking it but is there a proper way to deal with that without damaging the pump?

·
Sled nut
2,912 Posts
How can all 3 cylinders be getting oil if one line has none going threw it did you bleed it /prime it ? Maybe you got a piece of dirt in banjo fitting

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oil moves throughout the block and will get to all cylinders regardless if its injected on the left, right or center. The three lines (left, right and center) are to ensure that each internal part of the engine gets well lubricated. just because one isn't pushing oil doesn't mean that the cylinder isn't going to get any.just not as much as it should. My question was why would 2 oil lines pushing oil and one of them not. Nothing appears to be blocked. i'm not familiar with how oil pumps work in detail and want to know if there's any symptoms of a dying oil pump or whatever.

·
Mainway Solutions Inc.
2020 Renegade XRS
2,869 Posts
oil moves throughout the block and will get to all cylinders regardless if its injected on the left, right or center. The three lines (left, right and center) are to ensure that each internal part of the engine gets well lubricated. just because one isn't pushing oil doesn't mean that the cylinder isn't going to get any.just not as much as it should. My question was why would 2 oil lines pushing oil and one of them not. Nothing appears to be blocked. i'm not familiar with how oil pumps work in detail and want to know if there's any symptoms of a dying oil pump or whatever.
You should thinks about that one again

Inner crank seals are for?

Each cylinder is sealed

3 carbs

3 intake ports

3 exhaust ports

Take the pump off and run it with a drill

test and repair or replace

Reactions: pinhead2007

·
Registered
662 Posts
You should thinks about that one again
Inner crank seals are for?
Each cylinder is sealed
3 carbs
3 intake ports
3 exhaust ports

Take the pump off and run it with a drill
test and repair or replace
I agree.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts