Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Oil pump bleeder screw?

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  jsisti845 
#1 ·
I'm putting the motor back in my brothers 06 rev 600ho and I noticed this screw on the oil pump and was wondering if this is a bleeder?
feee5cfa9c7d2ddfbfd95c454bd8d932.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes. Fill the oil tank and position the line with the filter so as it's lower than the oil level, but point the end up. Let all the air escape from the filter and line, then hook it up to the pump. After that, open the bleeder screw one full turn and allow oil to flow until it's a steady stream with no bubbles. Upon startup, hold the oil pump wide open until you see big smoke.

#4 ·
Ok I bled the line hooked it up and when I opened the bleeder oil dripped out then it stopped and oil stopped coming out completely so I blew in the tank lightly to try to pressurize the line alittle bit and still no oil coming out

#6 ·
I got it the stream was running down the pump and I couldn't see it once I put my finger to the bottom on the bleeder i can see a steady strem with no air and its all good now. While I'm doing this it got me thinking when I put my 600 together in the spring I never did this I only bled the line I've taken it on a 2 mile ride so far and it seems fine its also premixed and smokes alot should I tear it apart and bleed it just to be sure or just start it and hold the oil pump arm wide open ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.