Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TriCountyTrail
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going thru my sled yesterday getting ready for a trip to canada 2000 Formula Deluxe 600 5000miles. I checked the oil pump there was alot of slack in the cable at the pump I removed almost all slack with the adjuster, Just wondering if this is correct. the manual was a little Vague. The manual said the pump markings should line up when the throttle lever in barely engaged.

·
Registered
461 Posts
what it is, is the marks should be lined up with all the slack taken out of the throttle. so make sure you have some one operate throttle and you check marks. just make sure you look at marks when the slack is removed from cable and b4 carb slides move.

·
TriCountyTrail
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dbenney said:
what it is, is the marks should be lined up with all the slack taken out of the throttle. so make sure you have some one operate throttle and you check marks. just make sure you look at marks when the slack is removed from cable and b4 carb slides move.
[snapback]304411[/snapback]​
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
tricountytrail said:
dbenney said:
Thanks
[snapback]304444[/snapback]​
dbenney is write on the mark! my pump went in my 2001 mxz 600. talking to the tech at the shop he told me to check it exactly the way dbenney says.

·
TriCountyTrail
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dbenney said:
My question is, the oil pump is it actually a pump or a flow valve. Does the stroking of the pump pump the oil thru, or having it at ¾ throttle and keeping it there (like on a lake) allow the correct amount of oil to flow keeping the oil:gas ratio correct. I have 6000 miles on my sled 2000 Formula Deluxe 600 it has always ran GREAT and used very little oil. I pulled the carbs 2 weeks ago and was checking the oil pump, the cable had a lot of slack I made an adjustment to take up slack about ¼".
Last night I decided to check gas oil ratio, filled gas and oil and marked. Rode and used 3.5 gals(448 oz) of gas 6oz of oil(Skidoo mineral oil), Ratio 75:1. I will recheck and try to get a better average.This seems very lean to me any thoughts? I did notice the oil pump didn't seem to return to start position very firmly. I have read in other posts of a helper spring being used, but if the pump doesn't return I would think this would allow the mixture to run rich not lean, which brings me back to the original question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts