Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just recently picked up a 95' Mach I 670 and so I'm new to the site here. I got it as a package deal with another sled and trailer that had been sitting for about 2 years. Both sleds had the fuel drained and were just parked on the trailer. Anyways, when I was checking them out I squeezed the throttle on the Mach and a few minutes later noticed some oil leaking on the trailer deck. I figured it was a dried out seal from sitting and I'd need to freshen things up. I've read a lot about replacing the rotary valve shaft seal from the exhaust side but not much about oil filling up the crank case and coming out the carbs. Anyone have any input as to how far I need to pull this motor apart to replace whatever seal is leaking?? I have the motor on the bench already but hoping to not have to split the case. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I've never done this but sounds pretty easy to remove the valve. Shoot me your email and I'll give you the manual. The shaft and seal are a bit more complicated but I don't think you need to crack the case.

Screenshot (13).png

Attachments

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
No need to split the case to replace RV/water pump shaft seals. Part attention to how all the pieces are assembled Make sure the bearings are good too. If just one cylinder is filling up with oil the chances are higher it is a failed center crank seal.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So your telling me it’s most likely the RV seal on the shaft that is filling up the case and carbs?? Through the weep hole in between the shaft seals?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts