Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running 33:1 or 32:1 oil mixture with 93 octane but i got info from a friend that he ran 40:1 in his 440x. What are most of you running???

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
depends how your jetted too, if your running on the lean side of A/F ratio you dont want to be mixing your gas too lean.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Actually, it is just the opposite. If you are jetted lean you will actually be delivering MORE fuel to the engine (richer) if you run a leaner oil/fuel mix. Less oil in the fuel flows through the jet orfices faster and allows more fuel to enter the combustion chamber.

All jetting issues aside, you should select an oil mixture that suits your goals and needs with the engine. Below are some guidelines:

1. If you want to make the best power you should stay near 32:1. More oil means better ring seal and therefore more power.

2. If economy and saving cash on oil is important I would say jet your sled to run on 50:1.

3. If you are looking for all around performance and economics, 40:1 is probably best.

Long answer....sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.