if it looks like is moved away from the motor

the top bolt may have come loose or the tank is cracked around the bolt

letting the tank move away

I have seen it happen

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't help but think it's got something to do with the filler tube.
Was way worse after I put a little oil in it

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can always get an oil dye and with a UV light, look around if you can see the leak. The oil tank has 4 O-rings and you can probably see at least 2 of them through with the motor in the sled.

IMG_8403_zpsoabvwsob.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2010 GSX 1200 SE. I had an oil leak making a mess in my trailer. Took it back to the dealer to be fixed. After talking to some Ski Doo techs at Hay Days I found out that some 2009 and early 2010 models had damaged o rings between the oil tank and block. They were damaged when the motor was built. Probably not lubed when installed. So I would guess you have a O ring problem. Bad thing is that the engine has to be pulled to fix it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
my 09 dripped like a leaky Harley, always kept cardboard under it,lol, now after 1 month with my new to me 2011 rene, same GD thing,same spot.

Stick a lighted inspection mirror in there, below secondary clutch with clutch guard off ,you can see where its leaking

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my 09 dripped like a leaky Harley, always kept cardboard under it,lol, now after 1 month with my new to me 2011 rene, same GD thing,same spot.

Stick a lighted inspection mirror in there, below secondary clutch with clutch guard off ,you can see where its leaking
So you just drive it like that ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
After two thousand kilometers this season it is still on the full mark it's only a couple drops here and there nothing to get worried about it never gets any worse

1 - 15 of 15 Posts