Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
440 HO said:
Personally I recomend against this, but I am curious to see what others think.
[snapback]690711[/snapback]​
Assuming you're talking about trail ridden 440's, I'd like to hear your analysis on why you recommend against it.

I ran them both ways, my vote is injected. You get the right amount of oil at any throttle position.

·
D17
644 Posts
ya, y against it.

I hated fumbling in the cold at the pump with the ratio rite and pouring cold thick oil, that would blow all over place when that cold wintery wind would come up.

Not to mention when all my buddies on REG sleds were gassed and ready to go, i was still there measuring my oil. CLeaning up so i didn't get no residual oil all over my stuff. to me a couple hours in the Warm G'rage, is well worth, the peace of mind and ease on the trail.

·
D17
644 Posts
corby7 said:
I know too many people that have problems with oil injection.At least when I am mixing it I know the motor is getting lubed.And thats called "PEACE OF MIND"
[snapback]692479[/snapback]​
Man your right, must be every other Production sled that has oil injection doesn't lube the motor.

BRP news flash--- everyone that has oil injection, please stop riding sled Immediatley. Your motor is not getting lubed!!!! This is a major mistake that has been proved to work over many years of using this unheard of technology. This is not proved to have any benefit, that is why 99.9% of snowmobiles use this technology. We are sorry for researching, ENGINEERING, testing, proving, and Doo-ing this to you consumers.

It takes knowledge and know-how to correctly make any thing work, especially if you do something that was not originally intended for the sled. I love ppl that say, "darn thing dont work right, its junk" OK operator has nothing to do with it.

Ignorence is Bliss. Don't be scared, its only a wrench.

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
I've added oil injection to more than a half dozen 440's now.

Not one of them complaining about failures to me.
In fact they are all smiling now when the pull up to the pump and don't have to add oil in the gas.

And don't give me the story about saving weight either. You carry oil on a trip...well mines in a 1lb plastic oil tank...plus I have more room in my gas tank for gas...not oil.

For those that "need" it, I have pumps and tanks for sale.

Funny how the 440 motor has the built in parts just so the oil pump can be bolted right on along with the tank. Glad the Doo engineers were thinking ahead.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I have nothing against either ways. But it does not take much time if any to mix oil. I have all my ratios figured out and marked on a bottle and i can put the oil in my tank as fast if not faster than somebody with injection. It is not any slower or longer for me. Oil injection would be nice but at the moment i cant justify spending the money on something i currently find just as easy.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I also installed oil injection on my '03 440 and I love it. Like stated above, a couple hours spent in a warm garage pays off on the trails.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback! IMO..."OPINION" I don't want to run it in my mod sled b/c I have almost 8k invested in the motor alone. I want to be 100% positive that I'm getting the oil that I need. Many people have brought up good points in either direction. I hope that riders can come to this thread and use it for a resource if there contemplating on doing a change. Safe trails!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I did it mainly for convenience, but also because I witnessed my buddy with an '04 foul set after set of plugs last year in his '04 premixing. He spent $80-$100 in plugs, and I didn't wanna get into that territory.

·
Registered
542 Posts
BnBElim said:
I also installed oil injection on my '03 440 and I love it. Like stated above, a couple hours spent in a warm garage pays off on the trails.
[snapback]692626[/snapback]​
Hey BnBElim,
how easy is it to make an 03 oil injected,, is it easier to do the 03's or the newer ones..im thinkin about buyin one and makin it into a trail sled..but im not sure about doin the oil injection myself or bringin it to the dealer to let them do it....if they would..just send me a pm..thanx

·
Registered
494 Posts
I believe the '03's are jsut as easy as the rest. It's not that hard at all. I can't see paying dealer prices to have it installed, I'd rather take the extra time and do it on my own...and know hwo to do it now. Any questions, jsut ask.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hows the gas milage with the oil injection???

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm all for it, I don't really see a need though. I mean, the 33 to 1 mix, is so easy, just a little over 4 ounces for every gallon, how hard is that? I always fill up at the pump before I go anywhere anyways, so I just fill up the tank, look at the pump to tell me how many gallons I put in, an... add the appropriate amount! An with the roads in NH, I'm not worried about it not getting mixed good enough! I mean, it's a few hundred bucks to add it correct? I rather spend that money on a clutch kit or something, can't see spendin that much money, just so ya don't have to add the oil in real quick. But, then again, when I go, I usually do backcountry stuff, so... I ride all day with just what's in my tank and my caddy. Not a high mileage guy here!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Probably the same fuel milage with the oil injection but with the tempa flow I can get about 9.5 mpg when riding really hard.

·
Out of a job yet? Keep buying your foreign cars an
1,279 Posts
I don't have problem pre-mixing.

I'd rather add RER than oil injection to my 04 440.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.