Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 2000 FORMULA Z 700,MY EXHAUST IS FULL OF OIL.IT WILL RUN,AND DOS RUN GREAT,BUT IT TAKES ABOUT 200 PULLS ON THE RECOIL.TWO HEART ATTACKS AND SEVERAL PLUG CLEANINGS.WHEN IT DOS START IT SMOKES SO BAD IT ABOUT KILLS ME,UNTIL THE OIL GETS CLEANED OUT.DOS ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHY THIS IS HAPPENING,I WAS THINKING A FAULTY OIL OR FUEL PUMP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's the oil pump adjustment? Could just be pumpin too much oil into it. Lol sounds like he's yelling
Sorry guys,No im not yelling,I was told buy someone else that the adjustment may be off or the fuelpump may have a problem,With my luck its likely the motor,Thanks for the help!!!!

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
Sorry guys,No im not yelling,I was told buy someone else that the adjustment may be off or the fuelpump may have a problem,With my luck its likely the motor,Thanks for the help!!!!
Some oil in the exhaust when the engine is idleing is normal but if it is fouling the plugs it sounds more like the oil pump is set to rich

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some oil in the exhaust when the engine is idleing is normal but if it is fouling the plugs it sounds more like the oil pump is set to rich
It is fouling the plugs,but only when i try and start it.When i do get it started the oil dos clean out and the z runs great,but i have to kill my self to get it started.The 700 twin has alot of compresion when cold and is a bear to pull over,but cant beet the perfomance.Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Are the plugs getting fuel fouled? There shouldn't be that much oil while just pulling it over. At least not enouph to foul the plugs. Look at the oil pump. There should be a line on the lever where the cable attaches to and a line on the pump housing. Those should lined up with the sled off and no pressure on the throttle. At least there were lines on my 97 670. Or you could be dumpin too much fuel into it. It will come out the exhaust looking black cause its cleanin all the soot out of the pipe good luck!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Did you just buy this sled?
Perhaps the old owner put too much oil in the engine when storing it for summer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are the plugs getting fuel fouled? There shouldn't be that much oil while just pulling it over. At least not enouph to foul the plugs. Look at the oil pump. There should be a line on the lever where the cable attaches to and a line on the pump housing. Those should lined up with the sled off and no pressure on the throttle. At least there were lines on my 97 670. Or you could be dumpin too much fuel into it. It will come out the exhaust looking black cause its cleanin all the soot out of the pipe good luck!
I think you hit the nail right on the head,thats exactly what its doing,both plugs get fouled,even with the chocke off,you know,it dosnt use that much oil either.Boy i feel like an idiot,i think i got a fuel pump problem,l hope

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Not the Muffler bearing. It's the whoozit valve!! JK It is loading up with fuel! you have Carb problems! stuck chokes or floats, maybe needle valves, take apart, clean, change needle valves they are cheap, Doo a choke adjustment according to manual specs clean the choke plungers etc.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Your floats could be stuck. I had a sled that unless i shut the fuel valve it would flood the carbs when I went to start it. Also look at the sync of the carbs not sure if it would help but it won't hurt anything. And the fuel pump is wicked simple. Take it apart and check it out. Could be toast. Should be able to find one on ebay for cheap. With it being warm out probably don't even have to choke it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts