Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the rotary valve engines that have three oil hoses coming from the tank (583, 670, etc.), which hose goes where? The oil pump feed line is obvious, but the other two appear interchangeable. Which goes on the upper engine connection, and which one goes on the bottom? One come out of the oil tank higher than the other one, so I expect that this would be the return line, but I don't know which way it runs.

Please help if you can, even if you simply go look at your sled and describe it to me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Somebody, please take a look at a 583 or 670 to see where the 2 oil hoses go. Not counting the oil feed hose which comes out of the bottom of the oil tank, there are 2 hoses out of the side of the tank, one well above the other. Which one goes to the engine above the rotary valve, and which one below the rotary valve?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ding said:
Somebody, please take a look at a 583 or 670 to see where the 2 oil hoses go. Not counting the oil feed hose which comes out of the bottom of the oil tank, there are 2 hoses out of the side of the tank, one well above the other. Which one goes to the engine above the rotary valve, and which one below the rotary valve?
[snapback]748219[/snapback]​
Top hose on tank goes to intake above RV and lower haose to bottem of RV.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody else?

Just want to make double sure . . .

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can I get some more input on this please?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ding said:
Can I get some more input on this please?
[snapback]763900[/snapback]​
I don't know what your looking for? Top line to top fiting, middle line to bottom (of crankcase), bottem line to injector. The top line is not a return line but its an air escape line so the oil bath is completely full of oil, no air cavities. There is no circulation of the oil within the crankcase. I'm a newbe-but only because Ive just registered.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I'm somewhat of a newbie to Rotax engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.