Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to test the inner seals on my oil pump chamber. I have included the page from the service manual that shows how to do it, but the 800r motor does not have the fitting shown in the picture where you attach the pump to pressurize it. It is a different motor shown. Is there anywhere else I can attach the hose to pressurize the chamber to 5 psi? Could I attach it to the oil return line? Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to avoid tearing the bottom end apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
It is the little straight spigot in the middle. It is the one where the over flow line (top inner back corner) from the oil reservior goes. The old 800 and 600 HO's had a tube that comes out and makes a 90 degree turn that this hose fits to, but the 800R has a little short nipple that it attaches too (cost reduction or packaging).

One usually doesn't have much trouble with these seals as they are riding in an oil bath all of the time. Not that they can't occassionally go bad. But it is not typical.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It is the little straight spigot in the middle. It is the one where the over flow line (top inner back corner) from the oil reservior goes. The old 800 and 600 HO's had a tube that comes out and makes a 90 degree turn that this hose fits to, but the 800R has a little short nipple that it attaches too (cost reduction or packaging).

One usually doesn't have much trouble with these seals as they are riding in an oil bath all of the time. Not that they can't occassionally go bad. But it is not typical.
Thanks for the help,

So just to be clear it is the line/spigot where the orange arrow is pointing to in the picuture?

The reason I am testing it is because that chamber may have been run with no oil.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
That's the one... How did it get run without oil? Usually one fills the chamber when he has the engine apart, then splash or when you are on the brakes or when you fill the oil reservior all the way up.. oil goes in the cavity..

Anyway, that orange looking clear line is the one that feeds the oil gear/water pump drive cavity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts