Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to very limited riding, my 900 Renegade has only 10 miles on it this season. I rode our other aces including our new gt900 so that I can properly break it in. If our sleds are only ridden a couple hundred miles or even as little as ten miles, should I change the oil and filter before storage, or just the oil or not even bother with either? It's been a sad riding season in NH this year.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
We made a couple hundred on one sled and a few hundred on the other. Neither of mine are getting changed this season. With a good synthetic oil my plan is every other year and even then that's good plenty. I may even skip the filter and do every other change. It's not like we are getting the oil hot enough to break it down or running in dusty conditions.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If sure wouldn't change the oil and filter with that little mileage. You would just be throwing away very good oil.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the same issue here in NH. We only had two rides this year.. maybe a total or 200 miles or so.

Normally, as I get towards the end of the season, I start putting in some StaTron fuel conditioner and stabiliizer with every ride, in case it's my last ride.

This year, I barely had enough rides to think it was the start of the season, and it looks like it's over already! Let's hope for a heavy few surprise spring storms, maybe we can get a few more trail rides in and get a chance to put in some fuel stabilizer.

If not, I'll have to drain my tank and put in some stabilizer into the tank and let it idle a bit.

I probably won't change the oil with such a light ride this year.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I plan to keep my sleds for a loooooong time so I baby them more than most.

That said, if it was me, I would not change the one with 10 miles on the oil.

But I would change the oil (not the filter) on the ones with a couple hundred miles just to get out any contaminants that could attack the metal.

I wonder if this will start some bickering.

I now have over ten of DooTalks finest in my ignore list.

They can knock but they can't come it.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,274 Posts
Mobil 1 0w - 40 from Walmart 25 dollars for 5 quart jug $15 for a new filter and a half hour of your time... 10 miles or 200 miles change the oil and filter before the summer...Jmo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts