Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!
5,179 Posts
CHECK "STUFF BY DOOTALKERS" FOR MY NEW AD
>> http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/574642-oil-reservoir-neck-sleeve-oil-tank-insert/ <<

""On some models the oil reservoir is located directly above the clutch system, brake system, and/or exhaust system. Anyone knows oil on the clutches or brakes is a disaster waiting to happen. Oil can cause fires if it comes in contact with the brakes or exhaust.""
THIS PART WILL RESHAPE THE OIL RESERVOIR NECK OPENING BACK TO ROUND TO STOP LEAKS .. MAKES TIGHTENING AND REMOVING OIL CAP MUCH EASIER .. OIL CAP WILL NO LONGER CROSSTHREAD WITH SLEEVE INSTALLED ..
ELIMINATES POTENTIAL FIRE HAZARD AND BRAKE/DRIVE FAILURE

::pRODUCT UPDATE::
1 ALUMINUM TANK INSERT FITS EM ALL
SKIDOO 2008-current XP XS XM XT / 2003-2008 REV / any 2003-older ZX, CK3, F, and S -
ARCTIC CAT M-series / HCR / Crossfire / 500 SNOPRO - any POLARIS with a 1.75 inch bottle opening

EMAIL ME AT [email protected] or message me on here

$16.00 each US FUNDS - FREE shipping in UNITED STATES
(one time $4.00 additional charge for USPS PARCEL POST to CANADA)

send cashiers check, personal check, or money order to:
DAN PARCEL
316 N GARFIELD ST
ALGONA, IA 50511

please add 5% ($.80 per part) to the total if using PAYPAL
my PAYPAL address is [email protected]

please let me know your full name, shipping address, and sled(s)
year/model with payment

*** NEED EM FAST ?? *** ..
USPS PRIORITY MAIL FOR ADDITIONAL CHARGE ..
( maximum 20ct. order )
$5.80 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL in USA
$19.95 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL to CANADA
$23.95 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL anywhere overseas

RIDER COMMENTS
MINNESOTASLEDDER
> "" They work Great! No more oily riding pants. I put my sled on its side and let it there for a few minutes just to make sure it worked, and not a drip. I'm very pleased with it.""

2003MXZ > ""Got my insert, put it on yesterday. Man, what a great fix! No more oil on my nice yellow jacket from the pull rope, now I can even take the oil cap off without a pair of channel locks. Thanks Dan!!

soppen > ""Thank you so much! We are two friends spilling oil all over northern Norway. Rest assured you did a lot more for the environment up here than our government did last ten years.
Thanks again, Steinar.""

gpx jim > "" I just used my sled on Tug Hill last night and it was really whooped out and not one single drop was spilled !!!!! This is worth every penny !!! THANKS A MILLION !!!! don't wait just get this and put it in !!! ""

ZEBEBAD > "" Dan you are right ! Same insert fits the wifes new GTX rev, & also my 96 Formula SS-670, 97 MXZ-670, 97 Mach-Z, & my 99 Formula III 800 and none of them leak anymore ! Thanks ! Super Product !!! ""

VITROX > "" Just got done testing mine.. had a HUGE leak before, took all the tape off the neck and the o-ring i put in there.. slid the insert in and did a quick test to make sure the oil wasn't leaking. All good, took it out for a 2 hour ride, NO OIL LEAK. Great product and great idea! I highly recommend this to all that have the leaking tank.""

webuyfun > ""Thanks Dan. Simple fix for a pain in the &#@ problem. Un real how out of round the tank gets.""

JACMMAXWELL > Got mine the other day in the mail, nice simple product. Fit great and looks like it will perform as described... thanks again

SNORANDER > "Bought one last winter for my 1996 Formula STX. Worked like a charm!! "

MVVETTE97 > " This seems to be a good fix. It stopped my leak completely."

Maverick800XRS " EVERY sled needs one of these, if i buy new sleds i am not even going to wait till they leak, put them in from new... 2008 XP and 2007 XRS lovin the no oil leaks issue!!! tired of cleaning oil out of my engine compartment and recoil! "

sledder95xp "I put one of these on my 2008 SKIDOO, works awesome hasn't leaked a drop yet!! "

laxman34 "We got one, 2002 MXZ 700 used to leak like a sieve but now always dry, thanks for a great product. "

Attachments

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
how does that stop the cap from leaking. I stopped mine from leaking by not wrenchin it so tight. People don't realize by overtighening the cap they eggshape it causing the leak.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
cool, good idea

·
Big Daddy Long Stroke
2,069 Posts
This will work on a 99 Mach Z right?

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED &#33;&#33;&#33;
5,179 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
i need one of those for my 99 Formula III 600. opening is egg shaped and needs help.
looked in the parts catalog and 99 mach Z, MXZ 500/670 and formula deluxe and F IIIs all use the same oil cap p/n# 572 071 000 so if it works for one it should work for us all.
so if you have one that works i need it bad.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I checked and we use different cap part numbers but then again it looks like the REV uses a non-vented cap versus mine having a big plastic 'nipple' on top.

I will run out to the sled in an hour or so when it warms up above zero. my measuring stick does not like to work when it is below zero outside.

·
Registered
107 Posts
all measurements appear to be good and would work with the 99 formulas and machs.
i am testing a new cap that has a good gasket to see if it corrects the problem. the filler neck did nto seem so bad after sitting for a couple of days with the cap loose. If it still leaks i will get an insert.

·
Registered
107 Posts
luckily it looks like leaving the cap loose on mine for a few days and replacing it with a new one versus the 8 year old cap seems to have taken care of the problem. still the insert is a good idea and will keep it in mind.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Dan,

you will see check monday, I sent it out saturday..
we are going to try this on the ck-3 oiltanks, the threads actually crack and oil leaks from that.This would be from an over tighteneing situation from customers..Hope this will work.do you think you will need to put some sort of sealer on this sleeve, or is it tight enough where you will not have to worry!! because of the tight fit..Also I wonder of some loctite cup and cotre sealer for this applications or a retainer compound..Just have to make sure it is free and clear of any oil..

Im thinking this just may work...

Donny kompas...

·
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have two of these inserts that I decided not use. Anyone interested send me a PM or email. $10 each.

Thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Dan,
Just wanted to thank you for the part. After a short season with only 200 or so mile, the good thing was that all of those miles were leak free. I highly recomend this part to anyone that has any signs of leaking

·
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TTT
... EVERYONE HAVING A GOOD SUMMER LIKE ME !!

1 - 20 of 253 Posts