Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure others have this problem,has anyone found a fix yet.The caps only
been off about 3 or 4 times,the top of the bottle looks to be round and the top edge is smooth.The cap also looks good inside.Seem to recall an earlier post a few weeks ago about a cap of another brand working .Anyone..
 

·
Mod'n is my thing
Joined
·
6,288 Posts
moresquirt said:
Im sure others have this problem,has anyone found a fix yet.The caps only
been off about 3 or 4 times,the top of the bottle looks to be round and the top edge is smooth.The cap also looks good inside.Seem to recall an earlier post a few weeks ago about a cap of another brand working .Anyone..
[snapback]264228[/snapback]​
Run the Arctic Cat oil cap with the breather hole....works great.
PM Sledbob22...he has one on his sled. I need to get one too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
REV*BARON said:
moresquirt said:
Im sure others have this problem,has anyone found a fix yet.The caps only
been off about 3 or 4 times,the top of the bottle looks to be round and the top edge is smooth.The cap also looks good inside.Seem to recall an earlier post a few weeks ago about a cap of another brand working .Anyone..
[snapback]264228[/snapback]​
Run the Arctic Cat oil cap with the breather hole....works great.
PM Sledbob22...he has one on his sled. I need to get one too.
[snapback]264265[/snapback]​
Mine has been leaking also since it was new oil allover the pull cord What Cat oil cap do I buy if it works ? I dont want to many people knowing I got Cat parts on my
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
snowpounder said:
REV*BARON said:
moresquirt said:
Im sure others have this problem,has anyone found a fix yet.The caps only
been off about 3 or 4 times,the top of the bottle looks to be round and the top edge is smooth.The cap also looks good inside.Seem to recall an earlier post a few weeks ago about a cap of another brand working .Anyone..
[snapback]264228[/snapback]​
Run the Arctic Cat oil cap with the breather hole....works great.
PM Sledbob22...he has one on his sled. I need to get one too.
[snapback]264265[/snapback]​
Mine has been leaking also since it was new oil allover the pull cord What Cat oil cap do I buy if it works ? I dont want to many people knowing I got Cat parts on my

[snapback]264909[/snapback]​
ttt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
You guys answered your own question oil cap leaking ??? Get a new oil cap??? My 03 leaked from about 200 miles on the sled took the cap in warranty no more leak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Polaris Edge oil cap is the exact same as the Cat one.Has the vent hole and rubber seal.Took it off my 01 Edge 600(selling sled) and replaced it,perfect fit.Will test and see.Squirt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
will they cover the cap under warrantie or sould i just go and get the cat cap? what is a the part # on the cat cap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
400 miles with new(different)cap and No leaks!
SledBob you be da man.I noticed that Doo has installed a better
rad cap on the 05,s (not LE 05,s) that has a better seal,inner and outer so i installed that as well,I noticed that the old one wasent holding pressure (poor seals in old cap) 400 miles on new cap after bleeding system and everything is good.Easy way to tell if the bottle is getting full
warm or cold then your taking in air.Squirt
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top