Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I found a really great deal and broke down and bought a new sled. I bought the 2005 REV 800 X with SC-4. I also got a 2003 Triton trailer with the sled... Sled was brand new with zero miles and I got it for $2000 less than what you could buy it at a dealer plus a trailer!!! I also got 1.25" track and the 2 yr. warranty...Could not pass this deal up...

Well my 2003 REV 600 HO with Cudney 700 kit is now for sale...

Can't wait to ride but I see now I should have bought a new dirt bike instead!! 55 deg F in Febuary is NOT RIGHT!!!

Any body play with clutching on new PT 800 yet???What works best??

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a double trailer. 2003 Triton XT with salt shield, jack , ski glides and track grip and '05 800 x for $8500... Sled was brand new with .6 miles... And 2 yr. warranty...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great deal on plain ans best sled/model/package built right now period! You are gonna love that thing! Take a couple hundred bucks of that $ you saved and have Big John do your head, coat the pipe, gear down a touch, and put in the 1/4" reed spacers. Once you do that hang on buddy cause that thing will go over backwards on launch!

Mach Z what Mach Z?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fisch said:
Great deal on plain ans best sled/model/package built right now period! You are gonna love that thing! Take a couple hundred bucks of that $ you saved and have Big John do your head, coat the pipe, gear down a touch, and put in the 1/4" reed spacers. Once you do that hang on buddy cause that thing will go over backwards on launch!

Mach Z what Mach Z?
[snapback]303285[/snapback]​
Thnaks for king words Fisch. Yea I was a little hesitant because of all the bad things I have heard about Sc-4 but I couldn't pass up the deal.. So I guess I should talk to BJ about getting this thing tuned in right... I have reed spacers and V force III's in my 600 so I could just remove these and put in new PT 800 HO??

What gearing should I use for stock Doo 1.25" track with 144 studs???

·
Registered
64 Posts
Big John dropped my bottom gear one tooth from stock it it really works well for me.

FYI I was Doo wrench through my HS years in the 70's, I raced and wrenched my own sleds for a long time during & after that. Then when I got out of racing and back to trail riding/ lake racing. I always piped ported, clutched, studded, head cut - about everythimg you could do and still trail ride a sled for years, and I did almost all my own work on those machines aa well. This year I saw a few of BJ's post's here on Doo talk I thought here is a guy appeared to know up from down so i called him. After about two minites on the phone and the cheap prices he quoted me I took my new 800X over to him. I am 100% happy with everything he did - my sled flat "edit for bad language" rocks, runs great in all conditions, get 17MPG, and I wrote him a chacke for something like $600 bucks (much less than pipes alone) and did not even need to turn a wrench! Go figure?

A couple more notes on your new ride, if the ride does not seem right out of the box take your rear shocks out and get them to someone that can recharge them, mine were not properly charged from the factory and it is just plain awsome now.

2nd keep your track on the tight side, I am 100% convinced the slider problems are from tracks being too loose (they all stretch). I run mine at 1 1/6" w/16# down force.

Have fun you have great sled at an awesome price!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts