Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading Supertrax this morning one of the write ups says the younger group {I assume 18-24 yrs.} all want off trail it is not just in the west anymore. How true is that?

If it is true and one hits a rock the size of my Aunt Louise's toilet seat cover that will get a few back on the trail.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm in my mid thirties, we ride weekends. About 5 years ago trail riding became less important. Crazy busy in the western up.Now week seek the safety of the woods and deep snow

·
Registered
878 Posts
It is true. Everyone watches Chris burrant, Dan Adams, etc. and wants to ride off trail. So they buy long-track deep-lug sleds and ride where they can to find un touched snow. For the Midwest, Unfortunately the easy-access untouched snow seems to only exist directly off the designated trail on private property....

·
cool beans
36,566 Posts
It is true. Everyone watches Chris burrant, Dan Adams, etc. and wants to ride off trail. So they buy long-track deep-lug sleds and ride where they can to find un touched snow. For the Midwest, Unfortunately the easy-access untouched snow seems to only exist directly off the designated trail on private property....
And that is where the problem starts.

·
Registered
860 Posts
If I could never ride a groomed trail again I would be perfectly content. We have a unlimited supply of backcountry, often left untouched, it just depends on how much snow we get. We also have an excellent groomed trail network that makes it nice on the ride home.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
What about the Blair Morgan and Tucker Hiddert what-a-be's flying around on the trails, they watch the snocross on TV go buy a XRS and think they're racers on public trails.
Much more dangerous and just as bad for the sport as the guy riding off trail were he shouldn't be.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I enjoy a good mix of both. I really enjoy racking up the miles, but when there is a off trail spot that looks amazing, I can't help but go play. When it's just the guys, we boondock most of the day. That's why I love the versatility of the Renegade. With all of the National forests in UP it's easy to find GOOD rideable boondock spots!

·
Registered
568 Posts
What about the Blair Morgan and Tucker Hiddert what-a-be's flying around on the trails, they watch the snocross on TV go buy a XRS and think they're racers on public trails.
Much more dangerous and just as bad for the sport as the guy riding off trail were he shouldn't be.
Unfortunately, there are D-Bags everywhere that feel entitled to all of it on or off trial!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts