Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like things are done for the season here in eastern Maine for the year. I haven't laid up the sled for summer yet and have a few mods I want to doo before next year.

1. Pull the skid, change the shocks and add the spring spacers like I saw here on Doo-Talk. (think it was Fishin Chip that had that thread)

2 Install the volt meter and USB charger gizmo like I saw here on Doo-Talk. (forget who came up with that wicked good idea). I doo get nervous about drilling holes in my plastic through,,,cracks and stuff seem to follow me around.

3. Check, rebuild and modify the starter like I saw here in Doo-Talk. (again, the author of this escapes my memory, but big thanks in advance) I meant to do it last summer...but got lazy.

Anybody else see stuff here that others have done and will do to their sleds this summer aside from normal lay-up? It's a great place to see good ideas and learn from the bad luck of others and how to avoid the stuff that bit them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
1 - Pull the track with stud tear outs off the 2009 1200.

2 - Move the Ice Attack from the 2012 1200 to the 2009 1200.

3 - Replace drive-shaft bearings, seals, etc on both sleds.

4 - Have the shocks rebuilt on 2012 1200 .

5 - Put the new Ice Attack XT on the 2012 1200.

6 - Beer.

No more studded sleds!!!! Finally!!!!

·
E-Tec Rules
33,553 Posts
Already started.
03efedaf404ced9174261d9d112ec1b9.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you're drilling your plastics use a really high drill speed with a brand new bit and not a lot of pressure let the bit do the work and you won't have a crack from it.

1.Full sled Wrap

2.Machine/fab a bracket to secure a pelican case for photo equipment on the tunnel with linq system.

3.design and Machine a rail stiffener and install

4.ggb trail can

5.install chassis bracing and skid plate

6.helicoil threads in handle bar riser block

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
I sure didn't wear anything out this year, so my list is pretty short.

Double check the rollers on a few sleds

Spring cup on another

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Ya sell sled and trailer...enjoy the time I used to spend wondering if I would get to ride!
I'm kinda right there with ya. Go buy a cheap jet ski their a lot of fun. Feels very similar to riding a sled, plus you know there won't be a lack of warm days to get out on the water And use it.

·
Semi-professional Opinion Maker
1,003 Posts
Rewire my ridelite so that it actually works for more than a few miles.

Install the T38 track that's been sitting in my basement since Christmas.

Or

Just fix the ridelite and try and sell the sled and get into an axys.

Not sure which direction I want to go yet.

·
Registered
242 Posts
1. Clean sled up
2. Take all extras off and put back to stock
3. Get trade number from dealer
4. Put my $500 down on a spring order
5. Try to sell sled all summer long
6. Wait and post daily in the "Where's my 2017?" Thread
7. Pray for snow!

·
Registered
244 Posts
1 - Pull the track with stud tear outs off the 2009 1200.

2 - Move the Ice Attack from the 2012 1200 to the 2009 1200.

3 - Replace drive-shaft bearings, seals, etc on both sleds.

4 - Have the shocks rebuilt on 2012 1200 .

5 - Put the new Ice Attack XT on the 2012 1200.

6 - Beer.

No more studded sleds!!!! Finally!!!!

I forgot:

5A - Put those fancy (expensive) Yamaha style hyfax on the 2012 1200.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have a long list of things on the to doo list, but like every year I'll put the sled in the trailer and forget about it. Then winter will come and say screw it and ride, repeating yearly.....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Oil lite bushings on Summits, switch relocate, s36 on 08 tmotion on both, airframes on both smuts, C3 post forward, look into BigJohn's new stuff, set of grippers on the 13, powdercoat on the 08, paint tunnel, put on new GPS, new reeds on the 13, update shocks on both. Finish the interior on the new trailer. Sell the 04 Sdi, sell the 06 fanner buy two more Summits for my son and wife. That is my wish list, now what I will have time and money for that is another question, but I can tell you that my wife will be getting a smut or I might as well move into my trailer, finished or not.

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
Backup recoil, oillite bushings, a custom rack over the tunnel. New sliders (Dupont's), and a complete check over per the owners manual for the first 300 mi. service.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I just watched a red 2015 Summit SP 146 600ETEC w/2016 miles on it sell on EBAY for $5500. If it wasn't so far away I would have at least run up the price. Been a decent ride for next season to pair up with my 2013 RMK600

1 - 20 of 71 Posts