Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Got the hygear torsion spring spacers in yesterday. By my measuremants I needed the larger ones so thats what I ordered. I'm suppose to have at least a 1/4" gap between the spacer and spring on one side. It's very close, slightly less then the 1/4"
Should I just send it or get the smaller one?
I did also get some extra zerks to add in.

·
Registered
2020 Enduro 900NA, 2022 Enduro 900NA, 2016 Adrenaline 800
639 Posts
If you're tight like me you can drill and tap the arms and add grease zerks. I then take a Dremel and cut a groove around the inside of the bushing to help spread the grease when it's pumped in. Been doing this for at least 10 years to all my sleds.
Got the hygear torsion spring spacers in yesterday. By my measuremants I needed the larger ones so thats what I ordered. I'm suppose to have at least a 1/4" gap between the spacer and spring on one side. It's very close, slightly less then the 1/4"
Should I just send it or get the smaller one?
I did also get some extra zerks to add in.
Really appreciate you guys posting that great idea of zerk installation.

Any pics? Sometimes for us less handy types a pic can save an oops. The zerk seems pretty straight forward but interested to see where you chose to install, and I think I get the groove concept but a pic would help.

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Got some time tonight and thought I could start putting the skid back together. Then I found some really bad slop in the front shock swing arm bushings. Here’s some pics of the hygear spacers and new parts. It’s adding up fast.
Edit, need the upper bushing too.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Gas Mass production Beer Metal Cylinder

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gear Gas Rim

Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle fork

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You really went to town on the zerks!
When I put my rear shaft assembly together the shaft doesn’t quite reach the end. It’s short about 2 mm. I figured this is why when I loosened it to take out I had to hit it to collapse. I figure I will need a spacer in there
Wheel Tire Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Can't help with the picture of the groove, just had a bit shaped like a ball on the end of my Dremel and I carved a groove from the hole where the zerk is all the way around back to the hole. Right in the middle of the bushing. Helps Grease work around the whole bushing is my thinking and it works.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Only place I had to weld nuts on was in picture five, the metal was too thin and there's no steel bushing to tap. Had to have nuts welded on. Everywhere else I would not tap completely through so that the zerk would bottom out into the tapered thread. Also used red loctite so if I needed to keep the zerk from going to deep and hitting the collar I could just stop early and the red loctite set up and sealed it just fine.

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Finally got the skid finished. I’m going to total up the parts but I think I’m around $800. I put order after order in for parts. Every time I took something apart I needed another part. Every bushing and bearing had to be replaced.
Moving onto the reverse bushing now.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
143 Posts
that was my sled last year, only i had to replace a few e module pieces, when i tool mine apart i noticed there had been a collision with something, the control arms were replaced but the e module was never completely mended.

also added an s module upper and lower brace kit and replaced all the bushings with Mainway grease-able, all i have to do now is replace the track, but i still have alot of life left on mine

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Got the chain case cover off, that’s a lot of stuff to move to get to it. I have an after market reverse lever for it so in my attempt to remove the lever shoulder screw the Allen key broke off in it. I had to cut the lever apart and the head off the shoulder screw and press it out. What a pain. New screw is on order so will be another week or so before that shows up. The new reverse spline gear seems to be perfect. It’s the new part # for the 2010 and up models. It moves freely by hand but will have to wait for the new screw to test while running.
Vision care Automotive tire Gas Paint Auto part
Wheel Crankset Tire Automotive tire Gear
Light Wood Font Gas Engineering

Font Auto part Circle Eyewear Metal

·
Registered
143 Posts
Auto part Electronic device Cylinder Nickel Font

This is what my coupler looked like after 12700 km on my 2016. It's crazy how much of a pain that little ridge was. I ground a bit of a bevel on the sliding gear there so that if the ridge does form again it will atleast be able to slide over it. So far it's worked and not had any issues. But i only put about 1500km this year

21 - 39 of 39 Posts