Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
This is my first maintenance on this sled, I bought it used and was told all maintenance had been done by the dealer. Something every used sled seller says. Lol.
it’s also a learning time for me as I haven’t done this before (on a sled) but I am a service tech for machinery.
I have done a lot of reading on here but will still have a few questions as I go. Shocks have been pulled and will be sent in for service. Skid is out and looks like most of the boogies will have to be replaced. Either bad bearings, worn wheels or worn mountings for the bearings in the wheels.
The reverse coupling gear has been ordered, it’s getting hard to shift while running. First question, the runners stop short of the end of the skid. Should I cut the new ones to the end or keep it the same?
I have already ordered some yellow boogies and yellow slides.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got some parts in today. Made a run to CT for some nuts and bolts. Had to drill one of the slide retaining bolts out and a couple of the boogie mounts were missing some hardware. Shocks are at the shop being done. The Center shock upper mount was tight and took a lot of effort to move until I loosened the mounting bolt. The muffler had lost most of the retaining springs and shifted out of position causing the damage you see in the picture. . Only the springs holding the muffler to the header were on. Working 7 to 7 for the next 4 days so won’t get much done.

Motor vehicle Black Automotive tire Electrical wiring Automotive exterior

Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I currently have jack stands on the front and a 4x4 holding up the year. I needed all 4 shocks off and that just seemed like the easiest way. Work has been keeping me busy the last few days and I had to squeeze in a brake caliper change on the wife's car so the sled has been sitting idle for a few days.
I will cut the runner closer to the end on the new one.

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Any particular reason why the 2 different boogies between the inside top and outside bottom we’re used?
They are the same OD and bearing.
One appears to be solid as the only difference I can see.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Product Hubcap

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my offset rear boogie is showing some wear but the 2 outside are fine. Kind of surprised they aren't metal but seem to be fine after 22k. I will be replacing the bearings in both outers and the offset boogie completely. Picking up the shocks tonight and my hygear torsion spacers are being delivered today.
I am also repacking all the new bearings with more grease.

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Got the hygear torsion spring spacers in yesterday. By my measuremants I needed the larger ones so thats what I ordered. I'm suppose to have at least a 1/4" gap between the spacer and spring on one side. It's very close, slightly less then the 1/4"
Should I just send it or get the smaller one?
I did also get some extra zerks to add in.

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Got some time tonight and thought I could start putting the skid back together. Then I found some really bad slop in the front shock swing arm bushings. Here’s some pics of the hygear spacers and new parts. It’s adding up fast.
Edit, need the upper bushing too.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Gas Mass production Beer Metal Cylinder

Automotive tire Bicycle part Gear Gas Rim

Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Wheel

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle fork

·
Registered
2009 MXZ TNT 1200
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You really went to town on the zerks!
When I put my rear shaft assembly together the shaft doesn’t quite reach the end. It’s short about 2 mm. I figured this is why when I loosened it to take out I had to hit it to collapse. I figure I will need a spacer in there
Wheel Tire Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts