Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished putting my my skid back in after having she shocks rebuilt and new Dupont Vespel sliders while it was out.

Fired it up for the on the stand to spin the track a bit to make sure the track is centered correctly and double check the tension, now have a noise I don't remember or like.

Sounds like metal tapping / hitting something.

Could it be as simple as the metal track clips hitting the new sliders for the 1st time?

Track is not to tight and cant see anything wrong.

The slides are a lot more substantial than the stock ones.

No snow here so I won't be able to test ride it yet.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Are the back edges at a bevel? If not that can make some pretty good clicking noise.

Reactions: newsled

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is the noise in the front of the skid or the back? Are they the clips? Is the track flexing too much? Track Aligned correctly? The sliders need to be cut 2 ways. Kinda beveled like oneeye mentioned. This prevents the track from grabbing the sliders in reverse. Does the noise happen in reverse?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the back edges at a bevel? If not that can make some pretty good clicking noise.
I did cut the back end at bevel when I cut them to length so that it wouldn't catch in reverse.

Here is a pic of the old slider on the left and the new on the right.

The new is a little narrower.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Normal noise, lots of threads on this. It's like a click, clack noise, clips hitting new slides.

Bob

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Those both look like incorrect slider profiles for an R Motion. The one on the left is for an SC-10, and the one on the right is for 80s/90s Doos.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those both look like incorrect slider profiles for an R Motion. The one on the left is for an SC-10, and the one on the right is for 80s/90s Doos.
What makes you say that?

The one on the left is an exact match for what come off the sled stock, I checked again today as I still have the originals as a back up set foe my self or buddy.

The Dupont on the right has the correct BRP part number on the extra you cut off to length.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
What makes you say that?

The one on the left is an exact match for what come off the sled stock, I checked again today as I still have the originals as a back up set foe my self or buddy.

The Dupont on the right has the correct BRP part number on the extra you cut off to length.
Like I said, they appear that way just from the look of them. Doesn't mean they're the issue, just looked odd. I have had R-Motion slides that looked like yours on the left (radiused corners) , as well as similar to the one in the diagram. But they do look a bit narrow. Maybe that's normal for the Vespel sliders; have never used them.

If those are the correct BRP part number sliders for your sled though, I wonder why they're not making them to the same profile/geometry?

sliders.jpg

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts