Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 800 mod if you unplug the switch does it put it into trail mode like on the 440. I have it set on on the low octane setting now and if I switch to the high octane setting it just spits and sputters. Running high compression domes with vp c14 race fuel 114 octane. I am thinking about setting this one up for the trail and need to know if I still need to send in the mpem. Or if I can just unplug it. Any help would be great on how this works.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I seem to remember reading that from the factory, the octane switches came wired backwards...maybe somebody will be able to confirm.

·
Registered
683 Posts
robm said:
I seem to remember reading that from the factory, the octane switches came wired backwards...maybe somebody will be able to confirm.
[snapback]702936[/snapback]​
I know they had instances of this on the 03 440. BRP had a service bulletin regarding this. Call your dealer - they can check/fix it (for free) or possibly tell you how to check it and rectify if necessary.

Try a search on here as well as someone else may have posted the pinout/colors for the correct wiring.

Not sure if that's what is causing your issue.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dslater said:
robm said:
[snapback]702936[/snapback]​
I know they had instances of this on the 03 440. BRP had a service bulletin regarding this. Call your dealer - they can check/fix it (for free) or possibly tell you how to check it and rectify if necessary.

Try a search on here as well as someone else may have posted the pinout/colors for the correct wiring.

Not sure if that's what is causing your issue.
[snapback]703028[/snapback]​
It runs great on the 91 switch but wondering about switching it over to trail. if I can just unplug it and it will be in the trail curve or if I have to send the mpem in to get in trail mode. Thanks For the replys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.