Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
My father just got a case of the stuff and he loves it. He had to get it for his new yamaha apex gt with a 90 hp supercharger. The supercharger calls for 97-104 octane, the additive bumps 91 octane to 104 octane. BUy it, its worth the extra $. We leave for CA tomorrow, we will see how it is there, time to chase snow, none in NY!!!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
jwdoo800 said:
My father just got a case of the stuff and he loves it. He had to get it for his new yamaha apex gt with a 90 hp supercharger. The supercharger calls for 97-104 octane, the additive bumps 91 octane to 104 octane. BUy it, its worth the extra $. We leave for CA tomorrow, we will see how it is there, time to chase snow, none in NY!!!!!!
[snapback]690672[/snapback]​
Tell me please how to you know that it boosts it that much??
I´v been adding it to 98oct in small quantety , also i bougt a booster from QMI wich
also works as de icer ....

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That does seem high to me too. Toluene is rated at 114 octane.
The formula to figure it out is

((octane of pump fuel x Gal.)+(114 x gal)) / Total gal.

For Example: 8 Gal. of 93 and 2 Gal of Toluene will = 97.2 octane
((93x8)+(114x2))/10 = 97.2

Just curious how it runs in a 2 cycle engine and if anyone else is trying it before I do any testing and data logging.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would reccommend you do some research. Here is a web site that I was looking at the other night.

http://europeancarweb.com/tech/0503ec_techboost/

They tested a mixture of 91 octance and 30% Toluene and the end result was (R+M)/2 of 95.5.

Therefore; if you think you are getting 114 octane you are make a false assumption. I definitely wouldn't be running it in a motor that requires 97 octane or higher.

T

·
Registered
360 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.