Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anbody tried to put a 06 gtx { big mother windshield for -30 days } on a 05 renagade x model. they have the same mounting pattern so it will bolt on. I already removed the hand gards since I have a summit windshield on it. I have standard handle riser that it came. It may not look cool but anybody with the low windshield will not be out riding to see me on the -30 days anyway.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You'll have problems with your bars hitting that shield. And everything behind you (including your back) will be covered in snow. But the wind protection is second to none.

Take a look at the tall 06 GSX shield. Gives very good wind protection, has plenty of bar clearance, and does a good job keeping snow off your back.

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snow4brains said:
You'll have problems with your bars hitting that shield. And everything behind you (including your back) will be covered in snow. But the wind protection is second to none.

Take a look at the tall 06 GSX shield. Gives very good wind protection, has plenty of bar clearance, and does a good job keeping snow off your back.
[snapback]722868[/snapback]​
why does a bigger windshield cause everything behind my back to get covered with snow? I never thought about this. Is there a negitive pressure problem with a big windshield? thanks

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snow4brains said:

Is there a clearance differance from the bars to the windshield between the gsx 06 windshield and the gsx 06 windshield.

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
snow4brains said:

I meant to ask is there a clearance differance between the windshield and the bars between the 06 gtx and the 06 gsx. thanks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
there is definitley different bars from gsx to gtx. the gtx bars are pulled back and yes you may have to move your bars for clearance issues. also youll need a couple grommets and pins for the windscreens for the gtx windshield. i belive the summit windshield has the extra supports that you need for the gtx shield

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
76TNTRV said:
there is definitley different bars from gsx to gtx. the gtx bars are pulled back and yes you may have to move your bars for clearance issues. also youll need a couple grommets and pins for the windscreens for the gtx windshield. i belive the summit windshield has the extra supports that you need for the gtx shield
[snapback]726420[/snapback]​
The only bars I have are the 05 x model 600 renagade with the hand gaurds removed. yes this sled has the stock risers on it. This sleds fixed windshield has the same mounting holes and pattern as the 06 gtx. I was interested if my bars will hit if I install the 06 gtx windshield or the 06 gsx windshield. I do not know what the mounting pattern of the 06 gsx windshield is. I only parked my sled next to a 06 gtx on a very cold day and measured the mounting pattern and attach points were the same. If it was not so dam cold out, the owner was going to try moving it to my sled to check for bar clearance. thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
why does a bigger windshield cause everything behind my back to get covered with snow? I never thought about this. Is there a negitive pressure problem with a big windshield? thanks
There must be. Every time I rode in dry snow my back, back seat and tunnel bag would be covered in snow. Never have this problem with the 2 shields I used after the GTX.

I meant to ask is there a clearance differance between the windshield and the bars between the 06 gtx and the 06 gsx. thanks.
Like TNTRV said, the GTX bars are rotated way back/down. Even moving them up a little bit causes them to hit on sharp turns. And if you want the bars up high enough to ride aggressively, forget it, they'll never clear.

I'll attach a pic with the GSX shield. The bars are a couple inches higher than I could get them with the gtx shield, and there is still plenty of room to go higher. I just need to rotate the RH heated grip so the throttle lever assembly can be rotated down further so I can raise the bars higher yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
lol snow4brains thats the first gtx/renegade ive seen! wow even the reversed passenger footrests
must be some crazy powder for that position!

·
Registered
323 Posts
The GSX uses 5 of the 7 GTX mounts. I used the hardware from my gtx to mount the gsx.

76TNTRV said:
lol snow4brains thats the first gtx/renegade ive seen! wow even the reversed passenger footrests
[snapback]726517[/snapback]​
LOL most dont notice the footrests, but they work great for hill climbing.

And we did find some powder...

Attachments

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
snow4brains said:
There must be. Every time I rode in dry snow my back, back seat and tunnel bag would be covered in snow. Never have this problem with the 2 shields I used after the GTX.

Like TNTRV said, the GTX bars are rotated way back/down. Even moving them up a little bit causes them to hit on sharp turns. And if you want the bars up high enough to ride aggressively, forget it, they'll never clear.

I'll attach a pic with the GSX shield. The bars are a couple inches higher than I could get them with the gtx shield, and there is still plenty of room to go higher. I just need to rotate the RH heated grip so the throttle lever assembly can be rotated down further so I can raise the bars higher yet.
[snapback]726504[/snapback]​
what model sled is in the pic and year? my sled is a 05 renagade x model 600 sdi

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
snow4brains said:
The GSX uses 5 of the 7 GTX mounts. I used the hardware from my gtx to mount the gsx.

76TNTRV said:
[snapback]726517[/snapback]​
LOL most dont notice the footrests, but they work great for hill climbing.

And we did find some powder...

[snapback]726564[/snapback]​
The sled in the picture is a renagade? 05? X model? with a 06 gsx windshield? I just want to get the facts correct. thank you

·
Registered
323 Posts
what model sled is in the pic and year? my sled is a 05 renagade x model 600 sdi
Thats an 05 GTX 500SS. I wanted a 500ss Renegade, so I had to build my own. I know I wasnt the first to do it, but think I was the first to make it official. see pic

Attachments

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
snow4brains said:
Thats an 05 GTX 500SS. I wanted a 500ss Renegade, so I had to build my own. I know I wasnt the first to do it, but think I was the first to make it official. see pic
[snapback]726608[/snapback]​

1 - 15 of 15 Posts